Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Which of those options is acceptable for you?
Applied(+anything including full items but on very limited numbers on stock and at very high prices) 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Applied(exp/sp/drop boosting type rewards such as runes and well known cakes) 18%  18%  [ 36 ]
Applied(nothing but meaningless accessories) 52%  52%  [ 102 ]
Disabled donation rewards 18%  18%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 195
 Post subject: Re: [GRT]Donations:pros and cons
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:40 am 
Vagabond

bedo wrote:
Donations or purchases are nedded if you want a good server, stable and do not close in two days.

The dedicated server costs money.
If the server wants a good web or they don't know how to develop it, costs money.
If the server is new and wants people, they need to buy ads.
If they don't have software developers, need developers (more money).
Anti bot system, geodata and pathnode and... etc.

Regards
I have to disagree. This is model of standard Lineage II server, but it absolutly ruins the model of free Lineage servers.

What is best method? Have own server, then start to think about have I capacity to start Lineage 2 server on it? If your answer is yes, take few friends of you and buy licence for server and antibot or pick up Java to keep costs and you have server with updates from 200 USD with good anti-bot protection.

Unfortunately most of admins see in their server only Gold mine and they make the donation to get something from it. So players pay them server, licences, internet and most of time pocket money as well.

For this reason I made own server, where is no donate, its stable and working. I chose the way of l2OFF server so all what I need si pay for updates 100 USD per year. Its nothing. Now I pay some advertising campaign, so yes, it will be more expensive. But why not. We stay now second year and starting third one, still without donate, still with working l2off extender. Only bad luck with small community, because we are not agresive and making ugly banner on each vote sites, but I am really proud that still we have some players and I can really offer them free Lineage II server.

So definitely you don't need donate on server, if you really want server for players. You need donate if you want server from players.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:22 pm 
Vagabond

When I was a hardcore gaming teenager I strongly disagreed with donations.
Now I am 27, when you get back from work and spend a few hours playing, you just can't keep up with others who are nolifing. I choose an option for exp/sp runes, cakes etc & yes - you help the server to survive. Strictly no gear for $.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:46 pm 
Marquis

sJEF wrote:
bedo wrote:
Donations or purchases are nedded if you want a good server, stable and do not close in two days.

The dedicated server costs money.
If the server wants a good web or they don't know how to develop it, costs money.
If the server is new and wants people, they need to buy ads.
If they don't have software developers, need developers (more money).
Anti bot system, geodata and pathnode and... etc.

Regards
I have to disagree. This is model of standard Lineage II server, but it absolutly ruins the model of free Lineage servers.

What is best method? Have own server, then start to think about have I capacity to start Lineage 2 server on it? If your answer is yes, take few friends of you and buy licence for server and antibot or pick up Java to keep costs and you have server with updates from 200 USD with good anti-bot protection.

Unfortunately most of admins see in their server only Gold mine and they make the donation to get something from it. So players pay them server, licences, internet and most of time pocket money as well.

For this reason I made own server, where is no donate, its stable and working. I chose the way of l2OFF server so all what I need si pay for updates 100 USD per year. Its nothing. Now I pay some advertising campaign, so yes, it will be more expensive. But why not. We stay now second year and starting third one, still without donate, still with working l2off extender. Only bad luck with small community, because we are not agresive and making ugly banner on each vote sites, but I am really proud that still we have some players and I can really offer them free Lineage II server.

So definitely you don't need donate on server, if you really want server for players. You need donate if you want server from players.

if you are not "a problem for others" (or having 50 online) ofc you can run a server with 100 $ and keep server at home . But your server is offline in 10 seconds by any wannabe ddoser who decide one day to hate you . If you want to offer a good service you need to invest in best services . In golden age of l2 it was as u said . All coders worked together on postpacific or other forums , share things etc .

OfflineProfile