Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 162  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Searching for a LOW rate server.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:01 pm 
Baron

Well, I think many L2 veterans like helping newbies and stuff. They could be staff as a hobby instead of a job. By the way, "no income, just expenses" is a very good model in fact. Players percieve it very positively and become attracted to such server. Once they see its a proper retail like server, they will even stay.

By the way, if youre wondering how the server will survive a year or more without income, there are some options. For example a donate button on the website, that gives real life T-Shirts and other small stuff or even nothing at all. After all, the point of donation is to give without getting. Giving and getting at the same time is called trading, not donating.

In any case, make sure you have enough funds to sustain the server long. Especially the first year will be crucial as some players will test you. They will log in the first day, then not play at all and come a few months later to see if youre still kicking. Only if you are will they spend time on your server. Lastly, if you ever implement the no reward or real-life reward donations, dont expect to get much (if any at all) in the begining. Players will start donating more after they have some good stuff they will be afraid to lose. Speaking of which, you should never wipe of course. Just rollback from fresh backups if needed (older backup if the problem is bigger).

Now, I think many C4 players will be glad for your server and will donate right away to keep the server running even without getting anything in return, but as I said above, dont rely on that. You must be able to sustain the server without any help from the players.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:25 pm 
Vagabond

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Well, I think many L2 veterans like helping newbies and stuff. They could be staff as a hobby instead of a job. By the way, "no income, just expenses" is a very good model in fact. Players percieve it very positively and become attracted to such server. Once they see its a proper retail like server, they will even stay.

By the way, if youre wondering how the server will survive a year or more without income, there are some options. For example a donate button on the website, that gives real life T-Shirts and other small stuff or even nothing at all. After all, the point of donation is to give without getting. Giving and getting at the same time is called trading, not donating.

In any case, make sure you have enough funds to sustain the server long. Especially the first year will be crucial as some players will test you. They will log in the first day, then not play at all and come a few months later to see if youre still kicking. Only if you are will they spend time on your server. Lastly, if you ever implement the no reward or real-life reward donations, dont expect to get much (if any at all) in the begining. Players will start donating more after they have some good stuff they will be afraid to lose. Speaking of which, you should never wipe of course. Just rollback from fresh backups if needed (older backup if the problem is bigger).

Now, I think many C4 players will be glad for your server and will donate right away to keep the server running even without getting anything in return, but as I said above, dont rely on that. You must be able to sustain the server without any help from the players.

If i dont have to hire any staff, i can cover the cost alone, for years no problem. My main issue is that i dont want to end up with a 600 users online server, after i invest so much time in it. From my point of view, anything under 1500 users online would make me very sad. Think, how can a 600 people online server survive, if no one is playing the dwarfs/cat/buffers/song/dance characters? I imagine songs/dances will last 2 minutes. I really need the 'factor/veteran' constant partys/clans/players to join the server in order to make it survive.
About donating, maybe i can offer accessories in game (hats/dusk shield/green names?) and maybe lifestones.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:40 pm 
Baron

Absolutely not. Even accesories and green name and other "premium" services ruin the server. If you want to be the best, you mustnt have any in game donations at all. I know it sounds harsh but if you do what you just said, you will be like 54568415 other servers out there.

About little online count - if you do what I said with helping newbies (and pretty much all other level ranges) with parties etc, it shouldnt be a problem. If it is, then you can motivate the players to play a class actively by giving them various non-tradable rewards for as long as the class remains scarce. As soon as there is enough of these classes, you can go back to normal (no rewards).

PS 600 online would already be about 6 times more players than the only other english speaking C4 server there is, so even that would be a success. Also please dont hunt players at all costs. Its ok to find ways to increase payer count, but if you start thinking about thousands of players, you will end up introducing custom stuff, donations and all that crap that will make the server close in a month. Then it will be the classic cycle of closing & reopening which you can see on pretty much any big server. Long term servers are prone to having low player count and you must accept the fact and work with the cards you are given. Give it time, slowly work your way to the top. Trying to force high player count quickly will result in a short term highly pupulated crappy server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:12 pm 
Vagabond

I thought it would only be a visual effect with the green name, no other advantages, but i can see how players can "think" that they are donors, which everyone hate.

I am not making any compromises that will hurt gameplay, just for the sake of having more players online. Instead i do want to add features that the majority of the players want, so i must find the best solutions for all. I am still in research mode.
I miss this days /watch?v=Bif99zZ6TaA - 8 years ago...
L2 supreme low rate had same features like i want to add.
Also L2 Dex x4 (~6 years ago) is another nice example of what kind of level i want my server to reach. Of course i know the database of users playing the old chronicles halfened maybe, compared to 8-9 years ago.
If i cant dream having this kind of success in time, then i will not even start the project.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:24 pm 
Baron

You definitely can be big in time. Hell, many C4 players play Interlude only because there are no real (english) C4 servers. Just dont force it and be patient. You will get there eventually, Im sure.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:48 pm 
Vagabond

But i also want to start big. Just need the right approach to gather the c4 lovers, like advertise the server smart. What would be a decent budget to spend on advertising on this l2 world?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:53 pm 
Baron

Sorry, I cant help you in this field. The only thing I know about advertising is that budget doesnt really matter. Sometimes a free word of mouth is the best advertisement in the world.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07 pm 
Vagabond

Contacted pmfun, hope they will reply.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:10 pm 
Vagabond

l2. omassivo. com. br

Hi everyone, i'm here just to invite you all to play in this server which I'm playing now.
The server has just started, less than 1 month, has good ratios (low rate), and the best, the staff is known all across the country, 100% no corruption and no item donations. Check the server informations:

Rates

HIGH FIVE PT5 SERVER

Experience (EXP) - 5x
Skill Points (SP) - 5x
Adena - 5x
Drop Itens - 3x
Quest Experience (EXP) - 1x
Quest Skill Points (SP) - 1x
Quest Adena - 1x
Quest Drop Itens - 1x
Spoil - 3x
Weight Limit - 1x
Manor - 1x
Extract Fish - 1x

HWID controled multibox - max 2box by computer

Server Time, Site and Forum - GMT -3 (Brasilia)
Buffer Duration - 20 minutes / 4 minutes
Dances and Songs - 2 minutes
Maximum Buffs Slots - 20 + 4 (book learn)
Maximum Dances and Songs Slots - 12
Minimum Debuff Chance - 10%
Maximum Debuff Chance - 90%
Olympiads Max. Enchant - 20
Sub-Class Quest - Yes
Sub-Class Maximum Level - 80
Master Class - No
Off-line Shop mode - Yes
Auto Learn Skills - No
Auto Learn Loot - No
Auto Learn Raid & Grand Boss Loot - No
Vitality System - Yes
Nevit System - Yes
Wedding System - Yes

Enchants

Safe Enchant - 3
Max. Enchant - 20
Normal Scroll chance - 66% (-2% for every +1 on any item)
Blessed Scroll chance 66% and does not crystallize (-2% for every +1 on any item)
Ancient Scroll chance 76% and is safe (-2% for every +1 on any item)
Elemental Stone chance - 60%
Elemental Crystal chance - 40%
Protections

Geodata and Pathnode
All Injections
DDoS Protection

Server 100% bot secured, only sells ncwest vitality itens on donations shop(1hr shared cooldown), 7-day, 3-day, 1-day, 5hrs runes of 30% exp/sp and 50%exp/SP, and beauty items(hair styles and hats)

All instances working, all epics retail-like respawn.

Last but not less importante, I'm a player, and i'm won't gain anything doing this, i just want more players in our server(today average 1000+ players on prime time), can pm/mail me in game, "Coyote.
The link here again l2. omassivo. com. br
See you all there, sorry for poor english, it's not my mother language :D
Thanks

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 pm 
Vassal

L2Hallate H5 x1 - new server
Grand opening: 04.02.2016 18:00 (UTC+1)
www . hallate . com (no spaces)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:17 pm 
Baron

Lineage.club welcomes all the High Five fans to embark on a long-term journey full of surprises!
We guarantee a successful start with massive amount of players and dedicated administration team!
http://lineage.club

Open Beta
February 10, 20:00 GMT + 0

Grand Opening
February 24, 20:00 GMT + 0

Experience/Skill point:
- Weekday x4
- Weekend x5

Quest:
- x3 (adena & experience)

Drop:
- Weekday and weekend x3

Spoil:
- Weekday and weekend x3

Adena/Seal stone:
- Weekday x4 (amount)
- Weekend x5 (amount)

Systems:
Seven signs - start 27th February
Grand olympiad - start on 5th March
Castle Sieges - start on 11th March
Clan hall auctions - available from 3rd March

Our projects are exclusively running on high-quality official platform for your most true gameplay experience.
Play the original game with no wipes, vast international community, and a responsible administration team.
Welcome to the club!

Register on our website & forum and join an epic adventure!
http://lineage.club

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:39 am 
Vassal

Any fairly new interlude server?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:32 am 
Vagabond

freez0 wrote:
Any fairly new interlude server?

best bet for low rate is STILL l2 dawn LMFAO

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:53 am 
Heir

... one of the best High Five - Low Rate, International, new

http://darkdragon.cz/web/

Our Discord

Facebook

Twitch.tv

Youtube

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:41 pm 
Vassal

LF server C5/Interlude/Kamael

Rate: from x0.1 to x7
Online: 80+

no more than 20% players are russian
not L2Dawn (I played there a long time)
Preferably L2off
no npc buff, no p2w, preferably some antibot
server can be even 10 years old

very small requirements but I doubt there is even 1 server like this

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 162  Next