Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 162  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Searching for a LOW rate server.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:21 pm 
Baron

I dont think you mentioned the probably most important thing, the chronicle. So whats the chronicle gonna be? Also what do you mean by 1 client per PC? 1 char + 1 box per PC or 1 char + 0 box per PC?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:05 pm 
Vagabond

Bumping my server of choice =>

Good lowrate server 1month old, the new players joining every day

- GF/GE
- no donate
- lowrate
- custom antibot + active admins

l2shrine. com/?ref=hrpqRmCG

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:00 pm 
Vassal

nexuscze wrote:
Bumping my server of choice =>

Good lowrate server 1month old, the new players joining every day

- GF/GE
- no donate
- lowrate
- custom antibot + active admins

l2shrine. com/?ref=hrpqRmCG

THIS!

The server have great potential, all we need is more players.
I started 3 days ago with my friend and most people on the server are being nice :)

Come join us!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:51 am 
Vagabond

any new interlude under 7x ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:02 pm 
Duke

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Thing is, youre doing the very opposite of what you should be doing. You tell me to forget about that and stop looking for it instead of telling me to search more or giving me +1 and/or gathering other people with the same mindset. If everybody gives up, nobody will create such server. Or would you create a server that noboody is looking for? I hate to think how many players who wanted C4 play Interlude now and thus encourage the growth of the number of IL servers and possibly the decrease of the number of C4 servers.

Now dont get me wrong, Im quite OK with Interlude etc. What Im saying is, that C4 is not Interlude and Interlude is not C4. If people want C4 they should fight for it, not give up and play other chronicles. Same goes for people who currently want Interlude or any other chronicle. There wont be any C4 servers if C4 players play Interlude and remain silent. Same goes for any other chronicle.

And server owners? Ha! They are just humans like everyone else. If they get more cash from retail-like C4 than Interlude or custom C4 crap, they will make more retail-like C4 servers. Of course C4 players will have to pay more than IL players as there is (allegedly) fewer of them. And of course people will not ever do that, but if they did, there would be a good C4 server in no time. Then of course there are servers such as one that recently started with motto "we can run the server foreever without donations" and maybe even without players, which wouldnt require financial input. In any case, my point is, that it IS possible buz by giving up youre worsening the odds.

Fair point right there. This is the reason why there're pretty much no C4 servers out there. Especially since the release of Classic chronicle, the 'C4 community' is divided into people who got used to Interlude and those who jumped on the Classic hypetrain :wink:

Right now the best option for true C4 heads is to find english clans on the Russian servers :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:20 pm 
Vagabond

I was thinking this days to fund a C4 4x-5x rate server.
No donations and i want to keep it online for years.
I need some people to administrate server/site/forum as i will only be financing the project.
Would it be viable? What do you think?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:35 pm 
Baron

Definitely! Just keep it as retail-like as possible (rates can be higher since C4 seems really slow, but dont do any custom NPCs except for events etc.). Also dont change any stats of NPCs, dont fiddle with clanhall prices, dont give players other chronicle's number of buff slots and so on. Just keep it how it is. Then, if youre a total badass, try prohibiting dualbox, otherwise 1 box per player should be ideal for mainstream players.

You should have enough players to play your sever, and even if not, it will be the only english speaking retail like server worth playing. The only other english C4 server I found had auto learn on skills omfg...Make sure you dont have any "auto" stuff on your server (except for the retail features of course).

In any case, I (and probably many others) wish to try your server ASAP! Good luck!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:24 pm 
Vagabond

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Definitely! Just keep it as retail-like as possible (rates can be higher since C4 seems really slow, but dont do any custom NPCs except for events etc.). Also dont change any stats of NPCs, dont fiddle with clanhall prices, dont give players other chronicle's number of buff slots and so on. Just keep it how it is. Then, if youre a total badass, try prohibiting dualbox, otherwise 1 box per player should be ideal for mainstream players.

You should have enough players to play your sever, and even if not, it will be the only english speaking retail like server worth playing. The only other english C4 server I found had auto learn on skills omfg...Make sure you dont have any "auto" stuff on your server (except for the retail features of course).

In any case, I (and probably many others) wish to try your server ASAP! Good luck!

Thx Max for your thoughts.
Some features that i would want to be implemented 100% are :

1. Chronicle C4 (server/files will be set up and hosted by AccessDenied)
2. No npc shops/custom buffers.
3. No mana potions.
4. Rate 3-5x maybe, i don't really know.
5. Default slot buffs.
6. Only 1 box allowed (this way you can maybe have a buffer).
7. English main language.
8. Daily event system (maybe here we can add mana potions as reward, this way all people will want to join the event, mana potions should heal over time not instantly 1k mana)

Anything else i dont know, i will do what people want.

Ideas are welcomed !

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:01 pm 
Baron

Good list of features, I approve 99%. However, if you want to keep the game retail-like get rid of mana potions entirely (not even as event reward). There are retail "elixirs" that you should definitely keep in game (altough maybe c4 doesnt have them yet, im not sure). Removing retail mana elixirs would make the server custom. Other than that be careful with event rewards as you dont want events to have big impact on the economy and gameplay.

Also L2off files are generally better than L2J. What files do you have?

PS You should definitely have a rare (monthly or longer) "clone attack" event, where players' characters get cloned (NPC) and kill everybody in sight even in safe zones (players can kill the clones of course). I used to enjoy it very much in the old days.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:49 pm 
Vagabond

Mana potions only effect should be faster experience gaining. It should not affect other side of the game.
Only 1/4 or 1/3 mobs will drop Elixirs(random type), i think this will be best.
2016 L2J files are way better than 2004 l2off files. Server will have no bugs, no shooting thro walls/trees/stones/objects.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:02 pm 
Baron

It seems to me you have no idea what mana potion is. In any case, I strongly recommend you to completely forget about any custom (=L2J) mana potions and other similar crap. If youre planning to have exp runes (which I dont recommend you to have), then at least think it through properly, please.

What drives people like me from (big) servers is the stupid premium account thing and/or consumables like this in the shop which give people unfair advantage. Even if it is supposed to be an event reward on your server, you must make sure its very rare, untradable and only given to players randomly. Exp in this game is very important and should not be touched carelessly. If you fail to follow any of these steps, the server will be ruined by players accumulating high amount of these ruins, rushing and then leaving server and/or the runes becoming kind of like custom currency (similar to donator coins, where 50% of all shops in game just buy/sell these).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:24 pm 
Vagabond

Yep, i agree with you, makes perfect sense.
No mana potions at all.
No premium runes.
What else should i consider?

In C4 there are elixirs? If i think more, i lean not include them at all in my server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:49 pm 
Baron

Lineage legacy site doesnt tell me anything much, other forums mention elixirs from C5. So maybe yes, maybe no. In any case, I think you can start the server without elixirs, and if some people complain and provide evidence that they were in C4, add them retail-like way.

I think thats almost all there should be on the server in terms of fun. I highly recommend some kind of PVP event available all the time (giving very small or even no rewards; it will be better to give some kind of "PVP prestige" instead), which is balanced and where people dont lose anything by dying.

By balanced I mean that for example players choose to fight in 61-75 category. These players will all get the same quality gear depending on what class they play (so they will have A grade armor, A grade weapon, A grade jewelery), no (or the same) buffs, no consumables allowed etc. This will help keep rushers busy, because they have +90000 armors and weapons and RB jewels and whatnot and nobody wants/can fight them. If somebody fights them, they lose exp etc.

The arena would be a perfect balanced place. Rushers would have the same gear as everyone else in the S grade category and fights would be fair. Rushers would be happy because they have people to fight without getting karma etc., lower levels will be happy because they have chance against rushers and can enjoy high lvl PVP.

Probably my last idea in terms of fun is program for helping newbies. A month or more after server is opened, low lvl areas are pretty much deserted and anyone who decides to start on your server by then is doomed. They either have to create all characters themselves, or hunt mobs without buffs, shots, mana, alone and slowly. I recommend you to make a special GM group (or a group of normal players) that will regularly check low lvl areas and create low lvl chars and make parties with beginners so nobody is forced to exp alone and slowly and/or use dualbox/crafter/spoiler/whatever. Its also possible to just give rewards to normal players that do this kind of thing, but thats not a good option as its not organized much and players are just humans and if you give them reward for something, they will keep farming it (that means creating fake new chars and then requesting reward from you for "helping newbies"). Rather stick with volunteers and staff etc. You can even put permanent cameras in starting villages etc. and send someone to help when you see a newbie (maybe even employ a greeter of sorts).

One thing that kind of relates to the previous is being active staff. Respond to everything you can and dont play dead. No response from GMs=leave server for many people.

So much for the fun aspects of the server. Another important thing is the security. L2J is rumored to be weak in terms of account security, and also if youre successful server, other servers or random trolls might DDOS you. Prepare for that and you will be all set.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 am 
Vassal

up for l2 shrine. still playable still fun come :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:05 pm 
Vagabond

A daily pvp event will be added where you dont lose xp when dieing.
Need to find a staff, a mature staff. Activity from my part is not a problem, but i dont know with what kind of staff i will be working with.
Will make $0 off this server, actually will have bills to pay every month to sustain it not to mention most part of budget will go in advertising.
Antibot system.
Anti Ddoss system.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 162  Next