Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [OFF] L2Citadel x5 | Hellbound Is Coming! (Preview)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:11 am 
Viscount

Citadel wrote:
There is no timeframe for live yet. CB is still going extremely well I can say that. Once we open the server for OB we will have a much better idea on a live date ;)

What about donations?I strongly advise u to add PA and XP runes, if you don't want your project to die in 3 weeks, when people realise the grind that is needed to make 1lvl at 6x.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 pm 
Vassal

I am strongly against donation which effects speed of server development, but I agree that to hold a worth playing project, donations are needed. So if we have x5 server and we have Premium Accounts then PA should give only ~20% boost (which means rate boost from x5 to x6).

There are tons of example how PA destroys servers every single month. I don't want to play on the server which again will last less than few months.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:08 pm 
Elder

We our working on a donation list and will release it as soon as we are sure that he have made the right decisions.

L2Citadel IRC Network Now Open To The Public

Curious as to whats going on behind the scenes? want to chat with the L2Citadel staff and closed beta testers? This is the place to do it! Bothe the IRC server and bot are currently in beta phase and may have some bugs or broken features.

L2Citadel IRC Network Information

irc.l2citadel.com
#channel - You will autojoin main channel when connecting to the network.

IPs And Privacy

For many people using IRC exposing their home IP to other users is a concern. Our server automatically masks your hostname and IP and other users cannot see your IP.

For full information on IRC please see the thread here:
http://l2citadel.com/forums/topic/489-chat-with-us-on-irc/

Can a mod please add the links for irc and the link to the forum so they work.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:29 pm 
Vagabond

Anything about max boxes? Hope it's max 2 per pc...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:18 pm 
Elder

robE wrote:
Anything about max boxes? Hope it's max 2 per pc...

Dual Boxing Policy

We allow each player to play with his main account and one extra 'box' at the same time.
This means that the maximum amount of characters that can be in game from one computer at the same time is limited to two.

Offline shops are limited to two shops per player.

We are aware that all dualbox protections can be circumvented by the use of multiple pc's. Be aware however that the restrictions above are restrictions by player. Players caught with more then the allowed maximum of clients ingame risk getting all accounts involved blocked.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:40 pm 
Vagabond

Xp runes will kill serwer fast. If ppls want to play on HB its good to make endgame to be harder, and if it have to be only one HB serwer on the stage it will be best to make delay to rach it. Farming is verry easy anyway when most of ppls base on AOE party's. PA as well smaller bonus it can give its better. Also GM's must relize that if there will be bigger community of random ppls serwer will least longer. And making bigger advantages for "nolife starters" is aslo verry bad, bcouse its verry possible they leave fast, and it is like that almost every single time ... fast rush for epics ---> sell them on maxcheaters or other crapp ---> leave serwer /serwer dying
What the use of making x5 serwer if there have to be bonusses who can rise xp a lot ... if ppls dont want to farm go to pvp serwers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 pm 
Viscount

Asmodei wrote:
Xp runes will kill serwer fast. If ppls want to play on HB its good to make endgame to be harder, and if it have to be only one HB serwer on the stage it will be best to make delay to rach it. Farming is verry easy anyway when most of ppls base on AOE party's. PA as well smaller bonus it can give its better. Also GM's must relize that if there will be bigger community of random ppls serwer will least longer. And making bigger advantages for "nolife starters" is aslo verry bad, bcouse its verry possible they leave fast, and it is like that almost every single time ... fast rush for epics ---> sell them on maxcheaters or other crapp ---> leave serwer /serwer dying
What the use of making x5 serwer if there have to be bonusses who can rise xp a lot ... if ppls dont want to farm go to pvp serwers.

There is diffrence between server being hard, and impossible.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 am 
Vagabond

BEKC wrote:

People got to level 83 during Hellbound on retail. And that's with 1x rates in a period of aprox 6 months since the level cap got raised from 80 to 85 (cap got raised on the Hellbound chronicle, see legacy patch notes).

Even if max level is considered "ïmpossible" that shouldn't necessarily be considered to be a bad thing. I never got beyond level 71 on retail myself and I had a great time, if I had wasted a lot less time screwing around at MRT I could have quite handily made it to 'endgame' levels but in the end the sheer problem of botting on retail stalled me out before the 20/20 hindsight hit me that I now feel as a vacuum for never having truly participated in retail's endgame.

Anyway. Personal opinion thinking aloud here...: 1. Nothing is impossible. 2. People like having a goal. When they lose a 'goal', i.e. they feel they have done everything there is to do, they leave in search of new goals and challanges. What Hellbound offers is the unique opportunity of having a near-endless goal. Subclass certifications, skill enchant routes, level 85's, dynasty gears, there is a big list of things to do so there is always something to strive for. It shouldn't be something you should dread but instead something you should celebrate because it allows for diversity and opportunity. I'm excited for a world where not everything revolves around reaching a single state of endgame, not having the ability to achieve 'perfection' or otherwise just grinding gear for the sole purpose of overenchanting them. This means there are tangible goals to be had that don't require the players making their own goals (like starting a new character or whatever) which should keep the whole thing more interesting for more people for a longer period of time.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:59 pm 
Viscount

Ascender wrote:
BEKC wrote:

People got to level 83 during Hellbound on retail. And that's with 1x rates in a period of aprox 6 months since the level cap got raised from 80 to 85 (cap got raised on the Hellbound chronicle, see legacy patch notes).

Even if max level is considered "ïmpossible" that shouldn't necessarily be considered to be a bad thing. I never got beyond level 71 on retail myself and I had a great time, if I had wasted a lot less time screwing around at MRT I could have quite handily made it to 'endgame' levels but in the end the sheer problem of botting on retail stalled me out before the 20/20 hindsight hit me that I now feel as a vacuum for never having truly participated in retail's endgame.

Anyway. Personal opinion thinking aloud here...: 1. Nothing is impossible. 2. People like having a goal. When they lose a 'goal', i.e. they feel they have done everything there is to do, they leave in search of new goals and challanges. What Hellbound offers is the unique opportunity of having a near-endless goal. Subclass certifications, skill enchant routes, level 85's, dynasty gears, there is a big list of things to do so there is always something to strive for. It shouldn't be something you should dread but instead something you should celebrate because it allows for diversity and opportunity. I'm excited for a world where not everything revolves around reaching a single state of endgame, not having the ability to achieve 'perfection' or otherwise just grinding gear for the sole purpose of overenchanting them. This means there are tangible goals to be had that don't require the players making their own goals (like starting a new character or whatever) which should keep the whole thing more interesting for more people for a longer period of time.

Yeah european community gave up on rpg x3 after a month since it was impossible, stop being delusional noone wants a PvE fest in 2014.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:00 pm 
Vagabond

That's why everyone wants to play l2 classic...because of the high rate.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:54 pm 
Viscount

robE wrote:

Who is everyone?:D ruClassic will be played with high competition of course, but u think EU classic will be smth?No sides, no ppl it will die in 2months.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm 
Vagabond

BEKC wrote:
robE wrote:

Who is everyone?:D ruClassic will be played with high competition of course, but u think EU classic will be smth?No sides, no ppl it will die in 2months.

We get it, you don't want to play on low rate. But we are making a low rate, not a mid rate, and nobody will be forcing you to play on it =)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:15 am 
Viscount

Ascender wrote:
BEKC wrote:
robE wrote:

We get it, you don't want to play on low rate. But we are making a low rate, not a mid rate, and nobody will be forcing you to play on it =)

You don't get it.See what happened to european community on x3 GF RPG, the biggest private server in L2, died because of too much PvE.What you think will happen to a fresh project, w/o big reputation around?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:31 pm 
Vagabond

BEKC wrote:
You don't get it.See what happened to european community on x3 GF RPG, the biggest private server in L2, died because of too much PvE.What you think will happen to a fresh project, w/o big reputation around?

LOL, you have no idea. The european community left that server because of the admins corruption, basically every russian was using bots to farm, while everyone else that wasn't russian had to farm the old way.

If you keep crying about not wanting to farm, then i reccomend you to start playing on a mid/high rate server, and stop QQing here.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:01 pm 
Viscount

sandrutzu12 wrote:
BEKC wrote:

LOL, you have no idea. The european community left that server because of the admins corruption, basically every russian was using bots to farm, while everyone else that wasn't russian had to farm the old way.

If you keep crying about not wanting to farm, then i reccomend you to start playing on a mid/high rate server, and stop QQing here.

We will see whats up when you quit at lvl70.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next