Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Scripting the Tiat raid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 am 
Heir

So I started playing with the Tiat raid last night. Watching videos of it that I could find and reading walk throughs and tutorials.

So I decided to start at the end of the raid and work my way backwards into scripting the Seed of Destruction.

Here's the current progress (forgive the poor quality, I'm still running an ATI 9600 agp card):
http://www.youtube.com/v/UWdtzuAQbK4

A screenshot from like, 6:30am this morning when I was working on it:

Things still to do:
1. Have the priest start in a sitting position (social 1, but she seems to not want to do it, so i need to add a 50ms delay before i queue it).
2. 4 riders around her need to cheer
3. Instead of a direct pan out from Tiat, it should pan across the front lines while the magicians (first row) perform shield/magic barrier. Then the camera should pan back on Tiat for the final skill usage and then release to the player.

Not too hard, just need to update the way the npcs broadcast packets to players so that distance won't mess up the camera work. :) After that it's just a small scripting for Tiat's battle AI and then I can start working on the room prior to him.

The reason it took so long just to get this little bit done is because there's a LOT going on behind the scenes. There are 50+ spawns in that room alone, and ALL of them are perfectly positioned and spaced. :D Not to mention the walk paths, the priest's animations, skill setup and a lot of time fixing bad npc data.

Unlike all those shitty private servers you'll find, myself and the other devs take pride in our work and all of us have OCD on some level. :D So we're REALLY big on the details and getting things right.

If anyone has videos from the Tiat, Ekimus, and other Gracia Final raids, please share. I would very much appreciate it. While I've found a handful on youtube to work from, I am unable to find the Korean and Chinese ones.

Be sure to join the main L2J community at: http://www.l2jserver.com/forum/

And yes, I do private development work for a number of servers including http://lineageuniverse.com/

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:10 am 
Duke

That guy surely seems badass :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 pm 
Marquis

man u rox , if u will work to all zones gracia/HB like that + good skills fixed ,
u will do a vry good server !!
gl ;)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:50 pm 
Grand Duke

cool sig m8 ))

facepalm.png

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:28 pm 
Marquis

omg, but he write that same thing already in 3 topics, dont be so proud of it, everybody already seen that... omg :roll:
cool, but old already

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 pm 
Heir

Shaveneal wrote:
omg, but he write that same thing already in 3 topics, dont be so proud of it, everybody already seen that... omg :roll:
cool, but old already

Yeah well I don't see your polish ass doing anything. Besides, no other server has even bothered to script these and not everyone spends their whole day trolling in the private server area like you. :)

And yes, I do private development work for a number of servers including http://lineageuniverse.com/

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:07 pm 
Marquis

toastgodsupreme wrote:
Shaveneal wrote:
cool, but old already

Yeah well I don't see your polish ass doing anything. Besides, no other server has even bothered to script these and not everyone spends their whole day trolling in the private server area like you. :)

lolserver whit loldevs that all.

EUPHORIA wrote:
what song ?im tard

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:42 pm 
Marquis

toastgodsupreme wrote:
Shaveneal wrote:
cool, but old already

ur scripts doesnt give a fck, if rest of the server is such a fail, like the donation (VIP 25 USD), on event with letters - rewards epic jewl, omfg..

and oh, i dunno care bout ur 'starts' coz i belive u just stole it

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:46 pm 
Heir

Shaveneal wrote:
toastgodsupreme wrote:
Shaveneal wrote:
cool, but old already

ur scripts doesnt give a fck, if rest of the server is such a fail, like the donation (VIP 25 USD), on event with letters - rewards epic jewl, omfg..

Umm, lol?

I don't control the donations, that's up to the admin.

Besides, did you even bother to read what VIP gives? There's no bonuses that result in an advantage in pvp or pve. It's just a way to thank players for contributing to the server. :roll:

And the rewards from the L2Day event are retail rewards nub.
http://www.lineage2.com/archive/2009/04 ... rsary.html

Just stop talking. You obviously have nothing to complain about since all your negative points are null.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:04 pm 
Elder

The medal event is more complicated than you think. Only the luckiest can get epic ring, because every reward is on chance.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 pm 
Heir

Desond wrote:
The medal event is more complicated than you think. Only the luckiest can get epic ring, because every reward is on chance.

... Duh? :roll:

Code:
             prize1 = Rnd.get(1000)
             if prize1 <= 5 :
                 st.giveItems(6662,1) # 1 - Ring of Core
             elif prize1 <= 10 :
                 st.giveItems(8752,1) # 1 - High grade Life Stone 76
             elif prize1 <= 25 :
                 st.giveItems(8742,1) # 1 - Mid grade Life Stone 76
             elif prize1 <= 50 :
                 st.giveItems(9157,1) # 1 - L2day Blessed SoR
             elif prize1 <= 75 :
                 st.giveItems(9156,1) # 1 - L2day Blessed SoE
             elif prize1 <= 100 :
                 st.giveItems(13429,1) # 1 - Teddy Bear Hat
             elif prize1 <= 200 :
                 st.giveItems(13430,1) # 1 - Piggy Hat
             elif prize1 <= 300 :
                 st.giveItems(13431,1) # 1 - Jester Hat
             elif prize1 <= 400 :
                 st.giveItems(13425,1) # 1 - Small Parchement Box (1x Village Soe)
             elif prize1 <= 500 :
                 st.giveItems(13426,1) # 1 - Small Mineral Box (1x Elemental Stone)
             else :
                 st.giveItems(13428,1) # 1 - Small Libation Box (1x L2Day Juice)

There's a 1-3% drop rate on letters from mobs. Then when turning them in, there's a 0.5% chance to get a boss jewel. I understand it just fine. Though I'm sure you're sitting there scratching your head right now trying to think of some comeback.

So let's look at it this way... I am a fairly talented (certainly not the best) developer who continually gives back to the L2J community by contributing a lot of stuff in the public area. As well as providing my services to a few servers and a private development community.

You guys on the other hand, seem to think you know more about the game and how it works than someone who played retail for 4 years and has spent the last 10 months ripping apart code, datacharts, xml data, and pulling information on the game from every available source on the internet and from the client. Yeah... I'm going back to finishing the Tiat raid while you guys can try to figure out who's e-penis is bigger. I really don't care personally.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 pm 
Heir

dude, keep up with the good work and dont pay much attention to those retards :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:03 am 
Marquis

Marto0o wrote:
dude, keep up with the good work and dont pay much attention to those retards :)

+1 :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:50 pm 
Count

toastgodsupreme wrote:
You guys on the other hand, seem to think you know more about the game and how it works than someone who played retail for 4 years and has spent the last 10 months ripping apart code, datacharts, xml data, and pulling information on the game from every available source on the internet and from the client. Yeah... I'm going back to finishing the Tiat raid while you guys can try to figure out who's e-penis is bigger. I really don't care personally.

oh no

finally pwned that retards

Xmvp wrote:
in spam we trust.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:53 pm 
Elder

QQ

OfflineProfile