Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:14 pm 
Vagabond

OK i were lazy, now the real post
Quote:
5. Gladiator:
note: 1. this build may seem weird to some people, going bow and light armor for pve but the reason is this: dual sword damage is shit compared to what bows can do and since you get no penalty, there is no reason not to go bow + light. the gladiator's damage is based on his skills, same as daggers.you can also go with other builds,but this is what i recommend. using dagger instead of bow is nice too but DD parties usually search for archers.

Man look that you don't know what you are talking about. This are not personal, i ain't searching for a forum fight, but you should give informations about only what you already tested and are able to confirm. Robe and matk weapons on summoners, no blows on pve, and now this about gladiator.

On REALLY, REALLY REALLY NO WAY a gladiator would use light and bow on pve. Did you heard what yourself told? a BOW?? a fucking BOW?? Acess l2calc.l2blah.com, put the configs and whatch the damage per second, first with a dual and then with a bow. That without skills.

Now the light set. If you are 78+ and have enough money, get a draconic set to fight ranged opponents, but JUST at pvp. If you are not 78, always, absolutely 100% without a doubt ALWAYS go for heavy. Now lets look how it would be with your settings:
Gladiator dont have speed to kite with a bow.
Dont have pdef enough to solo with light.
Have around 40% damage reduction with bow, and no skill, what makes around = -65% damage.

I had a duelist on a low-rate C4 server, when he still was the worst class on the game, and he was my main class from up to 1 year. If you found and prove what you said i'll regret what i said, but i doubt it.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:09 pm 
Count

gladiators are not solo characters.and honestly in parties if somebody says something about bringing a gladiator in party with duals i say hell no.with bow,yes.don't get me wrong.i like gladiators.they nice characters.however without a bow they can't do much stuff in pve.trust me.i know what i'm talking about.bow users are always ALWAYS chosen over other classes in a damage-dealing party.sws too,bd too.and guess what.destroyers too sometimes.if you really think you can solo (selfbuffs) with a gladiator go ahead but i doubt you'll do anything good.
for those that wish to play a gladiator: if you want to reroll before reaching lvl 6x, go his build,if you want to reach duelist and have lots of parties try mine.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:33 pm 
Count

Tallum Hvy + Duals FTW!

But a part of what adrian says it's true..

Let's take Retail for example.. a lots of range type parties indeed ..
But the only exception admited in those parties besides archers are daggers.. They can fit in them, barely but they can..
As 4 glads .. sry. go 4 melee parties ..

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:06 pm 
Vagabond

Quote:
gladiators are not solo characters.and honestly in parties if somebody says something about bringing a gladiator in party with duals i say hell no.with bow,yes.don't get me wrong.i like gladiators.they nice characters.however without a bow they can't do much stuff in pve.

You did not read the damage per second part. Or want to defend your build even knowing that are wrong.
Quote:
trust me.i know what i'm talking about.bow users are always ALWAYS chosen over other classes in a damage-dealing party.sws too,bd too.and guess what.destroyers too sometimes.if you really think you can solo (selfbuffs) with a gladiator go ahead but i doubt you'll do anything good.

Gladiators are not bows users.
Quote:
for those that wish to play a gladiator: if you want to reroll before reaching lvl 6x, go his build,if you want to reach duelist and have lots of parties try mine.

I had a duelist with my build. Go try one with your build and see what you can get.

btw tallum heavy + dual rlez

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:53 am 
Heir

Laury wrote:
Quote:
gladiators are not solo characters.and honestly in parties if somebody says something about bringing a gladiator in party with duals i say hell no.with bow,yes.don't get me wrong.i like gladiators.they nice characters.however without a bow they can't do much stuff in pve.

You did not read the damage per second part. Or want to defend your build even knowing that are wrong.

sir adrian is right... gladiators cant do anything without a bow... as archers can't do anything without duals....
/dumbmode off

ok now seriously... I wont even comment the bow part... but about summoners u really think the cubics play a small role???? u dont know what ure talking about...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:14 am 
Count

1st of all.relying on cubics is like relying on anchor and again getting close to the enemy as a summoner is like getting close to the enemy with a nuker :| (pretty stupid)
2nd : it's not that i am wrong and defending my build but dps of duals can't compare to dps of archers so gladiator with bow is fine in my party.oh and saying that gladiators aren't bow users is not like saying archers are not duals users.it's like saying daggers aren't bow users or archers aren't dagger users in pve (when out of mp ofc)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:25 am 
Heir

SirAdrian wrote:
1st of all.relying on cubics is like relying on anchor and again getting close to the enemy as a summoner is like getting close to the enemy with a nuker :| (pretty stupid)

lol? first ... I dunno what u mean when saying relying on anchor... I tell you if u have duals... as a phantom summoner... in 5 seconds maximum the spark cubic will trigger on enemy and stun him... if ure warlock, the anchor cubic will trigger in same ammount of time (wind cubic too) if u have elemental summoner, the DOT cubic will trigger in maximum 5 seconds too, life cubic 10 seconds more or less...

and getting close as summoner is like getting close with nuker if u have the gear u mentionned... if u use light instead of robe, and health weapon instead of acumen, u will have decent p.def and will be able to absorve nuker's dmg even more than a tank... (due to extremelly high m.def and tranfer pain) and I repeat with bw light and duals u heal the summon for more hp than he takes dmg usually... but even if they kill summon... so what?? u can call another in 3 seconds maximum....

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:14 am 
Baron

Piranha wrote:
... but even if they kill summon... so what?? u can call another in 3 seconds maximum....

Exactly!
You got cubics and strong summons ...and if the 1st one died You can summon another very fast, so... for what the Summoner needs duals with Health? To assisst? 1 Summon is enough to clear a big cata/necro room. You just need to heal Your summon fast, P.Def/M.Def - pVe/pVp and lots of MP!

IMO, the best equipment for Summoner is Crystal Staff or Soulfire Dirk, SA: Mana Up (30% more max. MP).
B-grade: BW Robe/Light SET;
A-grade: DC Robe SET, even Tallum Robe/Light SET - depents what You need more P.Def and cast. speed or M.Def and MP reg. speed! - According to Your Game play!

The best is - MJ Robe SET

+ Symbols (Dyes):

1) +4 MEN -4 INT - more max. MP, MP reg. speed and M.Def, less cast. interruption;
2) +4 WIT -4 INT - more cast. speed, increase resistance to hold...
3) +4 CON -4 STR - more max. HP and max. CP, increase HP recovery speed, increase weight limit and underwater breath gauge, anti-stun.

With All mentioned above + summoner's cubics and experience plaier the Summoner become a deadly weapon!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:00 am 
Heir

believe me...I know cause I tried using acumen weapon and it sux... if enemies spot you with an acumen weapon or mana up or conversion whatever... they will ignore the summon and u'll be pretty screwed cause of ur low p.def and hp... point of duals is the cubic acting... point of health SA is to survive longer (long enough to kill all enemies) and dont come again with the "omg the cubics dont do shit!!" or "lets ignore cubics" cause believe me or not, as a summoner... I prefer to go to pvp without summon than without cubics...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:30 am 
Count

i didn't say cubics are worthless.but take this example: you vs archer (worst case for you SR): you try to get close to him to hit him for cubics.result : gayarcher hit you for 500 damage gayarcher hit you for 2500 damage gayarcher hit you for 2500 damage (2 crits) and still you didn't hit him but once!vs robe: same story.they'll kite you and kill you.you COULD reach sorcerers if they're stupid enough coz they're the slowest.
need another reason for DC robe set? +7 speed!! why acumen set you say? easy : if you want the cubics to trigger just spam ice bolt/wind shakle etc and it will trigger because YOU HAVE FAST CAST SPEED.summon taking too much damage? now you have faster and better heals.indeed,a health weapon can be useful in some cases but in most of them i'd go for acumen. do what you want.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:15 pm 
Vagabond

For TY???

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:46 am 
Duke

SirAdrian wrote:
but take this you COULD reach sorcerers if they're stupid enough coz they're the slowest.

I think you're forgetting... A sorc is a necro with different skills. So sorc AND necro are the slowest things in the game.

KentZ0ne wrote:
Let's take Retail for example.. a lots of range type parties indeed ..
But the only exception admited in those parties besides archers are daggers.. They can fit in them, barely but they can..
As 4 glads .. sry. go 4 melee parties ..

Yes, but think about the abyss walker. He is rather wanted in archer parties due to hex. Well, if it's between the aw and sk, the sk gets fitted in better, he can tank too. But i tell you, the aw is very wanted in catacomb parties (from lvl 40) and in melee/archer (physical) parties from about lvl 70 when fg is a waste of time, hex helps A LOT. Even then he will be welcomed in cata party, it's somewhat better because you earn some extra money. You don't see many nukers in catacombs do you...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:13 pm 
Count

no,the sk can't tank in archer parties due to the fact that archers (and all dds) deal a lot of criticals which go thru the hate aura

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm 
Duke

i asked about orcs!!! i only saw an answer, that was only for destroyers... :evil: wat about tyrants and mages??? I WANNA NOW THE BEST FOR OL!!! (the best char of the game)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:03 pm 
Count

patience.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next