Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: GoD new character advice (delete chronicle not an option :D
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:30 am 
Vagabond

Hello guys,

something happened to my previous account - god knows what, probably deleted cuz I haven't used it in years. Anyways to the topic.. I am aching to play some l2, but I am in that stage in my life when I no longer have much free time. I've tried playing random servers with a friend (anything from IL to gracia), but as you may now, many of those get closed or depopulated so it hardly seems worth it to play anymore. Therefore, I've chosen to give the official server a go, even though I hate GoD, but oh well there is something left of the game I loved in there.

I haven't really been into the l2 world for a few years now, so I have no idea which chars are worth it and which not. I am looking for something with which I can pve easily on my own, but also enjoy some pvp. Usually ES has been my favourite, which is now called Wynn something after awakening? Anyways I'm lost. So is a summoner still worth it? Or should I pick a dagger or something like it?

P.S Please do not write useless comments like delete the game and play some other server - I don't have the time to play servers which will not exist after 6 months and I do not enjoy mid-high rate servers.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: GoD new character advice (delete chronicle not an option
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:30 pm 
Marquis

summonners are really strong(prob best 1v1 class after awakening) and best for solo aswell. daggers got buff few patches ago and they are good aswell but for solo i will recomend summoner. u can try ertheia aswell

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:50 pm 
Elder

You need to ask yourself a couple things, starting with "Am I willing to no-life"?

Adena rates are stupidly low after Lindvior, and everything went up in price after that on the auction house. If you play regularly but not hardcore, it's gonna be really hard for you to gear up.

Your best choice would be a Wynn Summoner, since they're the ones that need the least amount of adena to make them work. Your servitors are decently strong as they are, so you would only be missing from the bonus that Ultimate Servitor Share gives from gear. Wynns also produce beast shots so you barely spend any adena.

From most expensive to least expensive it goes like this (In my opinion, of course):

Wizard=Archer > Tank > Rogue=Warrior > Healer > Enchanter > Wynn.

Another thing you need to do is choose the right server. Magmeld is a deserted server, low population and bots double the amount of live players. I played Magmeld, Chronos and Shilen with several characters and Chronos has the best population.

Then after that, I moved to Innova (EU), and even with the dualbox limitations without premium account, the game is much more enjoyable because of the lack of bots and the fairly active community (finding raid parties to quickly lvl up is somewhat easy). You will still see a few bots, but not like NCWest where every room in all high lvl places had bots running 24/7.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 pm 
Viscount

Ertheia mage for fast exp definitely and also pvp but Ive heard its gonna be nerved. Summoner is a good pick for RBs and pve farm but if you want also pvp in the late game pick archer my opinion.

OfflineProfile