Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [Hellbound] Warlord questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:41 am 
Vagabond

So, it's been a while since I played L2, will be playing on a Hellbound server in the future and in preperation to that, I thought I'd use this to ask a few things..

So, Warlord ain't the most popular class, I don't think it ever was.. but I was considering it cause since I realized that my Zerker can't transform shadow items. I've been pretty worried I'd be behind on weaponry on an update that doesn't have common weapons. So my questions are as is:

Is it worth it as a class?

On a low rate server, with normal buff times (20 min buffs, 2min dance/song) where to farm with a WL on various levels?

PvP wise, it is complete garbage even with attribute enchanted skills? Is the CC worth the apparent loss of damage?

Any extra tips/advice anyone might have is very welcome!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [Hellbound] Warlord questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 pm 
Viscount

Warlord is a polearm class. Very handy to get those rare drops, or pure party levveling or moneymaking. Not so handy in PVP. I always make a WL, but use him solo as an addition to my darfs.

The warlord really shine when you dress him in a Majestic Heavy set, give him A-grade jewelry, an armed fenrir and good buffs. Vampiric rage is a must. If you don't have lag, use macro's and know how to play them, they hardly never go down during farming in dungeons. Pure locomotion.....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:06 pm 
Baron

It's a solid class but hardly played because it's rare to find a party setup that utilizes it and from experience I can tell you those casuals who start warlords usually quit or reroll at some point because it requires good support to be played effectively, cov+dances/songs. A warlord with epic jewellery is fearsome.
I'm thinking of wl as main as well on citadel, but with 2 box limit I don't think it's a viable solution. But if you have second pc or can handle more boxes go for it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:41 pm 
Vagabond

Taygetus wrote:
It's a solid class but hardly played because it's rare to find a party setup that utilizes it and from experience I can tell you those casuals who start warlords usually quit or reroll at some point because it requires good support to be played effectively, cov+dances/songs. A warlord with epic jewellery is fearsome.
I'm thinking of wl as main as well on citadel, but with 2 box limit I don't think it's a viable solution. But if you have second pc or can handle more boxes go for it.

I'm not going to be playing alone, I'm joining with at least 2-3 others and I will probably be responsible for putting together a CP to fill in the gaps.

I'm familiar with the Warlord as a farmer class, but that's mostly experience on high rate servers, so I don't realy know what to do with a WL on a 'normal' server. Farming is one thing, but I'm very interested in the PvP aspect of it as well as end game PvP too.

So basically is it worth it sacrificing a party slot for that AoE damage/CC the WL can bring or should I just go Gladiator that is a sure pick as far as damage dealing goes? I would go for Berzerker as I like their style, but the whole Bottle of Souls thing is annoying to me in order to maximize my damage.. Can you even play a SoulHound on a fighter party?

Also you said you're gonna join on Citadel as well, do you know anything else about Hellbound in general? what skills can I enchant with attributes and all on WL or Gladi? Cause I'm kinda clueless about Hellbound, mostly played Interlude and earlier updates or Gracia.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 pm 
Vassal

Taygetus wrote:

You can have only 1 box. 2 windows are allowed only!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am 
Baron

I'm not well informed as far as HB goes, but you can check the enchant options here:
http://base.l2j.ru/hellbound/index.php? ... d=3&lev=74
Just click on a skill and you will see the enchant routes below.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:59 pm 
Vagabond

Taygetus wrote:
I'm not well informed as far as HB goes, but you can check the enchant options here:
http: //base.l2j.ru/hellbound/index.php?p=5&t=1&ty=skills&id=3&lev=74
Just click on a skill and you will see the enchant routes below.

Oh I mostly meant what can I enchant with elements to upgrade the pitiful damage most of a WL's skills do. Of course stuns I know get +Chance enchants and the +Cost upgrade on Thrill fight that reduces the speed penalty seems pretty worth it too.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:03 pm 
Vagabond

Also I guess the lack of Power Crush / Cursed Pierce will make me a very sad WL

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:44 am 
Marquis

the gladi dps is also not very good compared to other melees(farm wise). i think tyrrant is much better then these 2 options.bison spirit also got low CD on hellbound so u can use it w/e u want. to be efficent with warlord as other guys said u need ur friends to make setup around u . if l2 citadel got retail stun chances warlord will be really good in mass /9v9 pvp. but otherwise idk. i find it really boring

OfflineProfile