Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CLass pick
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 am 
Vagabond

Hello everyone i have a simple yet very dificult (for me) question, which is what class to choose? now i need to choose from the 3 classes: bishop, phantom ranger (or maybe arbalester) and phantom dancer. My question is, which one is the best for oly, which one will go to kill epic raid bosses (antharas example) , which one is most fun overall and by the way, the chronicle is h5. Thanks in advance :):)

(sorry for mistakes)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: CLass pick
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:10 pm 
Marquis

RedMercy wrote:
Hello everyone i have a simple yet very dificult (for me) question, which is what class to choose? now i need to choose from the 3 classes: bishop, phantom ranger (or maybe arbalester) and phantom dancer. My question is, which one is the best for oly, which one will go to kill epic raid bosses (antharas example) , which one is most fun overall and by the way, the chronicle is h5. Thanks in advance :):)

(sorry for mistakes)

hi, im not huge fan of h5, but i can help u a little. H5 is very balanced and probably most balanced chronicle in lineage 2 history, so all classes are good, even bishop can solo exp, go oly and pwn here. Archers reborned too, uber strong skills attacks after 3rd prof and especially 80+. Dont understand what is phantom dancer, are u talking about blade dancer (support class) or phantom summoner (dak elf summoner)?

As i see u are new to lineage or h5 chronicle. So my suggestion is take archer. Bishop is fun, but needs a lot responsibility and great skills, my most hated class, u need to heal in so bad situations, and if u are not fast or even if u cant heal someone , they are at rage to you, bishop always guilty ;D

Choose from archers, all are good. But here is diference, dark elf archer phantom ranger has highest critical damage cause of his passive and highest patk, but very low hp/cp, thats why he was called "glass cannon" in earlier chronicles, can hit hard like no other but dies from few good crits.
elf archer - silver ranger has higest critical rate and speed, cause of dexterity stat and passive, crits more than arbalester and phantom ranger, but has less damage, and still low hp/cp.
human archer hawkeye is most balanced archer, has decent hp/cp, all stats are great, does not have as big crit damage and as big crit rate like elf, but its very close, also cause of his high con, can carry a lot cp pots etc. arbalester was uberop in kamael/hb/gracia/epilogue, but later he became just class for pharanah skill, dat skill gives all party members m def ud for 30 s(enchanted+30 for whole minute). So he is very wanted in archer cp or even difernet mixed cp's fighting against mages.

So my suggesttion is human archer hawkeye.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:25 pm 
Vagabond

Thanks for the answer and yes i ment blade dancer, made a mistake from rush typing,sorry. Hawkey you say? no you see, the problem is, i have phantom ranger,blade dancer and bishop all level 66 with a grade and stuff, i want to know which is more fun to pvp and to see big epic raidbosses that dont fit in your screen :) hope you understood :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 pm 
Marquis

RedMercy wrote:

(sorry for mistakes)

wut ?which one will go to kill epic raid bosses? rly? for oly i vote for arbalester from the classes above.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:28 pm 
Vagabond

i ment to say which of these classes would be most invited to raid parties and also be good at pvp

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm 
Viscount

RedMercy wrote:
Thanks for the answer and yes i ment blade dancer

I find the raids most fun in L2, and haven't done much pvp. In order to pick classes, you must find your role in a party. Pick a bunch of buddies, and agree on a setup: Every raidboss-party need a tank and a healer. Paladin and Bishop is my favourites. And then you need damage-dealers to make the party effective. Those can be fighters, or mystics.

Make one tank, one healer and one damagedealer. In this way, you can step into different parties and take different roles. For raw damage on close range, I find the Bladedancer fun. Highest STR in game, but low CON. His somewhat restricted heavy-armor passives makes up for some of this. Prep him with +5 STR/-5 CON dyes, load him with good weapons, offensive armor and shots, and he'll take down the red bar rapidly. As long as tank keeps boss on himself. Also consider Tyrant for this use. Haven't played much archer or dagger, feel they are more built for sieges, pvp and such.... I'm a casual player...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:07 pm 
Marquis

RedMercy wrote:
Thanks for the answer and yes i ment blade dancer, made a mistake from rush typing,sorry. Hawkey you say? no you see, the problem is, i have phantom ranger,blade dancer and bishop all level 66 with a grade and stuff, i want to know which is more fun to pvp and to see big epic raidbosses that dont fit in your screen :) hope you understood :)

then bladedancer, if u are talking about kamalokas/pailakas. cause i doubt u will go for epics with random parties :D

make tank or warcryer, in h5 they are most wanted in instances. not only kamas but zaken, and high zones after 80lvl.

dont be afraid of take new char, cause during lvl ull get items and adena, also good experience of that class, and when u hit 3rd class it will be easier.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:37 pm 
Vagabond

last question, can blade dancer solo high level areas ? giants cave crater or giants cave it self? with buffs ofcourse

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:06 pm 
Marquis

RedMercy wrote:
last question, can blade dancer solo high level areas ? giants cave crater or giants cave it self? with buffs ofcourse

well i think u can do well under giants cave with tallum set and A duals . but farming solo with BD on low rate server is not good option. its always better to farm with pt

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:39 pm 
Vagabond

thank you ^^

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:43 pm 
Viscount

bemyfrag wrote:
well i think u can do well under giants cave with tallum set and A duals . but farming solo with BD on low rate server is not good option. its always better to farm with pt

+1

Very few classes are suited for solo farming. When you have rigged your main for a slot in a party, it is less suited for solo'ing. Dyes can't be changed quickly, but you can stretch stats with weapon and armor. If you go +5 STR/-5 CON on dyes for damage in your party, this can be compensated while farming solo by using a DarkCrystal armor (defensive) and duals with Health SA. Lets you take a little more beating. But this mean you must have double up. Better to play your main the way it is rigged, and make a Warlord or some dwarfs for pure farming when there isn't any party to attend.....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 pm 
Vagabond

i see you all say that BD is best for farming yes, but none of you are saying anything about oly from these 3 classes :) opinions please about that :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 am 
Marquis

RedMercy wrote:
i see you all say that BD is best for farming yes, but none of you are saying anything about oly from these 3 classes :) opinions please about that :)

as i said in my 1st post, arbalester is pretty damn strong at oly.

OfflineProfile