Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: About Spellhowler ...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:26 pm 
Vagabond

Hello guys! How are you today? Well, first of all, i use the SEARCH button, but i couldn't find the answer to my questions ...

The server where i begin to play is empty now, and with my brother i will begin to play in other GF off 10x server. I used to play fighter class, but now, i want to play a mage class. I chose Spellhowler, because i like Dark elf class :P

I want to know some things about this class ... Here are my questions , sory are too many ...

- I've heard that this class is just for pve (that i think that not), but why everyone say this? Is not good for opne pvp/mass pvp/siege?

- I saw that his vortex is good for mages (because of c.speed decrease), so ... Do i have any chances against meele class? I can use slow and fear, but i dont it's landing probability ....

- How are mages in an ENDGAME? Specially the spellhowler ....

- How can i kill a doombringer ? ...

- Is so easy to pvp with a mage class like everybody says?? I think that with this class i must be a little "skilled player", because he dies very quickly ...

- For example, in an ENDGAME, if any melle class get a LOT OF MAGIC DEFENSE, will i have any chances to kill him? I mean, my m. atk, will always be higher than his M.def?

Well, thats all for now, pliz, i ask you ppl to take a little time to read and answer this questions ...

Thanks to all! Good luck!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: About Spellhowler ...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:46 pm 
Marquis

Its great for pve, for pvp it's also good, but mostly for mass pvp, since you should deal insane dmg. In smaller pvps you ain't that good, you have slow cast, so every interrupt hurts hardly. In 1v1 sh is the worst from all mages. even with this vortex, which I think is the worst one from all (Ice vortex' slow is epic), you will have some problems landing fear and slow, since the are many buffs against it.
Killing a doombringer isn't thing sh is good at :D
On oly sh sucks, but as I said, it's mostly pve/ mass pvp char, you would be thrice more useful on siege than sps, also in pve

Icarus wrote:
GoD = gay.
:]]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:59 pm 
Viscount

sps has more mass spells than rest mages.

sph is good and in 1vs1. use aura flash when some fighter is near you and hitting you mostly for daggers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 pm 
Vagabond

OK, but why every stupid says that SH is for begginers???? I mean, in pve, may be yes, because he kills fast ... but in pvp, i think that is not so easy to use it, cause he dies very easily :D:D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:23 pm 
Knight

SH is my favorite class, so i can tell you some things and hope be useful for you:
- for pve class is perfect, but better look for recharger on box, friend or clan.
- i love pvp with SH ( small or mass ), it,s a fact that you die fast, but when you learn this class it,s really interesting. Basic thing is to learn how to stay alive as long as u can. All ppl will target u first because u are " Robe " and u make great dmg. So stay on distance when pvp start, do as much dmg as u can and move u char. nonstop - don,t stay at one position.
Against other Nukers 1vs1 use Silence.. again and again, I don,t even use skills in the begining. Silence has good land rate ( not sure for GF ) and than kill the nuker.
Against Destro, your only chance is to keep him away form u. He will smash u for seconds if comes to u, so use Slow on middle distance... run... hit... run... hit.
Against Tanks/Ty/Dwarfs u can try equal tactic. but it depends from your and your enemy skills.
Against Archers, prey their stun to don,t land and u can kill them ( of course, it,s not only about pray, it depends from yours and enemy equipment and the chronicle)
Against daggers, use your skills as fast as u can. u have a great chance to kill him before reach u because they have low CP/HP. Using Slow on dagger is pointless in most cases. He can reach u while u casting - Bluff, Backstab, some Blow and u are dead.
If melee class is next to u - use Aura Flash and try to run on distance and ... use debuffs u have .. nuke, nuke ....
Usually u should start all pvps with Surrender to Wind and than Wind Vortex, but it,s not proper for all situations.
Don,t try to use much Sleep on pvp. Cast of this spell is slow, and u have worst c.speed from all mages. Most of melee classes can reach u till u try to Sleep someone :)
On siege, just nuke from a distance sa more as u can. of course it depends from pty set up, tactic and so on.
About Fear, u are SH and it lands only on monsters till GF ( if i am not wrong ) so it,s useless for pvp.

P.S. of course it.s just some basic things.

GL

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 am 
Vagabond

He can reach u while u casting - Bluff, Backstab, some Blow and u are dead. If melee class is next to u - use Aura Flash and try to run on distance and ...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:50 am 
Baron

about the dagger thing if interlude he can easily trick switch your spells cause land rate is huge on interlude so you cant kill him before it reaches you , and if its GF hide + shadow step you are 200% dead , most of the time you will be one shoted

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:27 pm 
Knight

sinicline wrote:
He can reach u while u casting - Bluff, Backstab, some Blow and u are dead. If melee class is next to u - use Aura Flash and try to run on distance and ...

If u have something to say, just share your opinion...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 pm 
Knight

hdtv wrote:
about the dagger thing if interlude he can easily trick switch your spells cause land rate is huge on interlude so you cant kill him before it reaches you , and if its GF hide + shadow step you are 200% dead , most of the time you will be one shoted

I said, what CHANCE he has and yes u can kill dagger in many cases, espeshally if he didn,t target you right now. Otherwise u are 99% dead.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:23 pm 
Marquis

if the dagger cant target him fast after aura flash its GG

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:41 pm 
Knight

bemyfrag wrote:
if the dagger cant target him fast after aura flash its GG

Bro, i am sure u can read. I gave him examples what chances he has with different classes and what he can do. He should try to be on distance in any case of pvp. For daggers is the same. You know quite well that if dagger is on his ass, chance to win is close to zero. And in case any melee class is next to SH, only chance is to use Aura Flash... run... try to debuff ( Slow mostly ).... run and nuke, nuke. That,s it. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:11 am 
Vagabond

He should try to be on distance in any case of pvp.

OfflineProfile