Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:47 pm 
Elder

Ruud44 wrote:
And don't forget that necro is the only nuker that doesn't learn a lvl 79 vortex.

-1 :P

In selfbuffed 1v1, necro has the advantage against sts, but conc 6 is one of the most common buffs for a mage, so even in open field farming, possible opponents will mostly have a dualboxed buffer with conc6, so the chance for spell interruption is low... and (as far as i remember) in c6 mages' casting spd was ~100 higher than after kamael; slower casting let opponents react properly with slower reflexes also.
(Selfbuffed sts wind vortex casting time = a small yawn's time)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:48 pm 
Duke

Don't forget cod, even better than silence, so the sts has to survive both of 'em before she/he wins:)
It's again just pure luck.

And imo, curse of abyss+dark vortex>any other vortex

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:28 pm 
Duke

nonelikeme wrote:
Icarus wrote:
The sts has more chances of landing silence due to his matk, but the st has multiple crucial debuffs.

but necro has curse gloom +natural sts hav lower m.def...the both hav the same chances to land silence

Archmage ftw ^^

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:58 pm 
Count

Quote:
nonelikeme wrote:
Icarus wrote:
The sts has more chances of landing silence due to his matk, but the st has multiple crucial debuffs.

but necro has curse gloom +natural sts hav lower m.def...the both hav the same chances to land silence

Archmage ftw ^^

why the hell archmage?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:58 pm 
Duke

Ruud44 wrote:
And don't forget that necro is the only nuker that doesn't learn a lvl 79 vortex.

You mean... Vortex breaker?

Binturong wrote:
Thats true, but what about curse of abyss? Also vortex can be interrupted, if counterstriked with regular nuke (i remember from C4, most of nubcakes started to cast vortex all the way, so casting a deathspike frist was interrupting of their vortex cast in 80% of times). Anyway i agree that STS is somewhat though guy for necro to beat

That's why you should consider MA set. In buffed combat you won't be cancelled too much anyway. Surrender + vortex + 2 nukes + slug + 2 more nukes is the killing move.
If he comes close for debuffing, he will 1. lose advantage because you dealt lots of damage to him in 300 range, and 2. he'll be asking for it because your silence land rate is high.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:18 pm 
Count

Quote:
he will 1. lose advantage

What advantage do you mean? transfer pain shield?

Btw, i thought that MA set doesnt increase casting speed........that means greater chances to be interrupted :/.

Anyway, in case of pvping glads, archers, tyrants, daggers..........does SPH stand some decent chance againts them? to be killed by 2 blows, arrows or TSS or that tyrant WTFSUPERSTRIKESMTH seems like you dont have much time to try out smth as sph...........maybe necro with TP can.......dunno, well, thats the question :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:28 pm 
Viscount

Binturong wrote:
Quote:
he will 1. lose advantage

What advantage do you mean? transfer pain shield?

Btw, i thought that MA set doesnt increase casting speed........that means greater chances to be interrupted :/.

Anyway, in case of pvping glads, archers, tyrants, daggers..........does SPH stand some decent chance againts them? to be killed by 2 blows, arrows or TSS or that tyrant WTFSUPERSTRIKESMTH seems like you dont have much time to try out smth as sph...........maybe necro with TP can.......dunno, well, thats the question :P

he mean to cast a debuff like silence cod anchor abyss u must be in 600 range and the enemy will deal already to you some damage untill u will be in range to cast ur debuffs....u are true MA doesnt increase casting speed but it gives: -50% chance to be intrerupted and in combination with conc 6 u must be really unlucky to get intrerupted...

vs DDs like glad,tyrant,daggers necro and sps hav the best chance to win becuz: necro hav a better surviabillity(thx to transfer pain),curse gloom(who decrease m.def) and than he can try cod(block p.skills) anchor(ur dead) or fear & SPS hav slow with 900 range + vortex who decrease speed with 30% and the best chance for magical critical hits

ON YESTERDAY I WAS ON MAH ABYSS WALKER WHEN FCKING TH WITH KRIS (LOL B GRADE)WAS RUNNING NEAR ME(IM LVL 43)SO I KILLED ON NOOB DESTRO,THIS TH WANNABE RUNS TO ME,TRYS TO KILL ME,AND DIED HAHAHA NOONE CAN FCKING BEAT AN AW

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:29 pm 
Marquis

ma set gives concetration,and m att... perfect for Sh
edit:nonelikeme was faster xD

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:36 pm 
Count

heh...........true......... but............if you are in beginning casting a spell (--/-------------) smth like "/" is stucked, you have about 90% chance to be interrupted, even with that stuff (that was on C4, where i played last), that means, lower casting speed gives more chances to your opponent to catch you here.

Okay, sadly, i must admit that STS seems to be a necro eater............but STS is not the whole server...........what about other classes to fight againts? Well, im not interrested in SPS and SORC, i would like to compare STS and ST vs any other classes. /discuss :P :) and ty for it.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:42 pm 
Marquis

sh wont get interrupted.. not in oli not in gank unless u have some uber m att like only a Sh does.. at level 80 with ma set dyes AM at +6 a friend has around 8k m att full buffed :)and he doesnt get interrupted, he just casts his spells slower , but when u have that kind of m att u dont really need the sps c speed

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:06 am 
Marquis

vs glad and tyrant if slow lands your good if low hp just drain him ( you have dark vortex and vampiric claw )
vs archers as long as stun doesnt land you can win vs daggers dont let them behind you
dont forget that as a sts you have wind vortex + slud combo which can leave the enemy with half hp and also pretty much scared xD

and about debuff and silence
necro have gloom you have arcane chaos ( decrease resist to debuff ) and since you have higher int/matk you will have a bigger chance of landing silence

OfflineProfile