Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Phoenix Knight Guide
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 am 
Marquis

Well ive wanted to do this for a long time already but i didnt have time , now as i am sick i have some free time.
Playing paladin may see m very easy to some players but its actually not that easy. Evolving the paladin itself is really difficult ,expensive and timetaking. SK and DA are easier to evolve because one of them has pet and the other has offence. While the paladin until lv 83 doesnt really have something better than what they have. All u have is Angelic icon , Sacrifice and ToL. But when u reach 83 and learn all good skills u are becoming maybe the best among other tanks.
The phoenix : If you are playing some high rate with + 20 weps armors and stuff u won't feel the power that phoenix has. On normal servers the phoenix is a great assistant to the paladin and should always be used. The phoenix has saved my ass numerous times. I often get silence, anchor or something like that and just cleance with the phoenix. Also i have won many oly battles with it for e.g. when DAs get my buffs and deal me some nice dmg i start running and the phoenix stays hitting the DA. When the DA focuses on the phoenix i start pulling aggresion and cooperate with the phoenix.
Flame Icon : It is known for giving p.def/m.def speed and atk speed bonuses but infact the most important bonus is the 100% percent critical dmg it gives while wearing a blunt . With this skill many parties would search for you especially raid ones with destros in them. FI is preferered over SoS because it doesnt have the vamp rage effect that sos has :). U can have great fun in those RB parties because its fking cool when u see raid being 5 shotted :) thanks to you :P.
Sacrifice : At first when u get it u may say : Pfff what a faking skill or something like that but when u get 78 u notice that when u have ToL on u get some nice healings from it and its actually good . When it is encahnted on +30 it makes u almost unkillable. Ive been healing myself for over 4k hp at once which is fking great for you ( not for the others though :mrgreen: )
Now id like to talk about Dyes, Gear and buffs in oly.
some ppl say that it is an unwritten rule to have +5 STR - 5 con dyes and +4 wit - 4int dyes. Well, sometimes we gotta agree with the masses. It's a good setup but +5 dex -5con is a good one to be used too if u want really high speed in oly thats a good one.
As i said earlier playing a paladin is expensive. U need a bow, a blunt with rsk focus sa on it, a sword and a pvp Dagger (i prefer AS due to the Haste SA). U need a DC robe too. Boss Jewels are something u extremely need. U need every bonus they give. Healing %, stun res,stun chance,root res, root chance , crit dmg and etc. About buffs in oly i prefer Haste,WW,Might,DeathWhisper and berserker spirit. I buff focus, mental shield and bless the body from sticks using the skill remedy which is fast casted. I like entering on AI with blunt without using ToL but when i see that i am vs a dagger,DA,or SK i use tol because daggers infiltrate my hp with backstab and DA/SK does TOD which removes my cp and attacks my hp directly. A personal advice i can give is to work on the blunt the most (enchants and attribute ) because ive reached 3k + dmg on oly with it.
Now id discuss what u should do vs the problematic for the paladin classes in oly.
Gladiators : The gladiators will run in the begin while u are in AI but thats their biggest mistake . Because if they attack directly with Final Secret u wont be able to react and rmeove AI so u can heal with Sacri. But ofc u can counter that with Ultimate Defence until the final secret is over. As i said gladis will be running. A logical thing to do is to get ur bow and start shooting but that can be quite dangerous because atm gladis have rush and when u have ur bow on u u are unprotected by the shield and gladis can give u dmg around 5k :). If u see the gladi has slower than ordinary moves do not use skills like shield stun shield slam and etc because they have riposte stance on.
Summoners: If u are a newbie paladin they may seem godlike to u but actually they are pretty simple to defeat. When u enter on AI + blunt try pwn the summon with the lbunt theres a 70 % chance that u will do it before the summoner reacts and does some crazy shits :D . IF u dont do it right just stun the animal with +++ time stun and start shooting the summoner with bow or just chase if it isnt elf (elfs remove WW sucks but its true :XXXX) IF u keep doing this u will win the match on dmg or u can wait for FI to go up again and defeat summoner with blunt again :)
Soulhounds: These guys are really a pain in the ass. Sometimes theres just no way u can win. They can hit for very big dmgs and make u crazy from paralyse... But theres some hope if u remove AI , deflect arrow and majesty and start shoooting with bow wearing a moirai/dc robe in order to protect urself from paralyse. Meanwhile use sacrifice to outheal the dmg he gives u and keep on :)
VS Eva Templars : The key to win vs these classes is to win on dmg. Enter on AI on low hp with blunt and hit as much as u can until he starts hitting u (be cautious of their agro because u may give them a ToL ;p) when AI ends if ur hp is lowered heal urself up with sacri and than use FI after FI is ended do na ultimate defence than vengeance than sof . When sof is about to end use boost morale from vanguard and start brushing the tk with the boosted dmg. A little bit more runing and healing and the match will be over and u win on dmg. Killing a good TK is hard , dont try it :D
VS Shillian Templar : All u got to do vs this class is to survive the first SoS and kill before the second comes :P
VS Hell Knight : They will remove ur buffs and dmg u badly but u need to heal urself and not let the phoenix die :). If u can make a FI at the right time the DA is yours. But if the da has stun +++ time and epic jews it is hard to win because he will sutn and go heal or just wait.
VS Titans: IF the titan enters on Frenzy at the moment he reaches me i use vengeance (Vengeance not Ultimate defence because vengeance gives almost 2x more p.def than UD does. I hit with my blunt because when he is on frenzy he doesnt have big p.def and may end up being 3-4 shotted by blunt crits. IF hes on guts i use canccel dagger and uds until the skills are over and than punch him.
Vs melees : Melees are dangerous when they have Final Secret on because most of their skills bypass the shield defence and give nice dmg t othe tank so its fatal if u dont use UD when Final secret is on
VS ARchers: They may seem pretty simple to defeat but there are some archers who have full boss jewls and enchatned passives. Neither root neither stun catches them and if they are elves they have insane atk speed and heals that heal for 2500 on + 30. They can win on dmg which is a fat problem.
VS Healers : In the healers i include Prophet,SE,,EE,Bishop. Its pure maths u enter AI +FI (theres a possibility u kill in that time ) after that make all uds all that equals +- 5 min. After that only heal and shield deflect magic and run after healer try stun and etc. U need Imperial , nightmare or Vesper set for root and sleep resistance

Enough talking about boring oly time for some Mass PvP discussion
In mass pvp u can either be a meatshield or a versatile DD. In mage parties ur a meatshield that agros , stuns heals and roots. but in Melee type of parties where u use FI and have good fighter buffs + great fury u can put ur blunt on and make healers cry.

PvE: Until lv 83 paladin is a sucker in pve but after that u can solo chimeras and even stronger mobs with ++ sacri and icons + phoenix

Skill Enchance
Sacrifice + power
Shield Stun + time
Shield Slam + chance
Shackle + chance
Tribunal + reduce crit
Agression +- def
Aura of hate +- def
Wisdom + mental attack resistance
Heavy Armor mastery + reduce critical (its very nice to have)
ToL +time
Shield Aegis + decrease penalty
Shield Fortress - cost
Majesty - power

That's all folks i hope that i was helpful

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Knight Guide
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:55 am 
Grand Duke

tl;dr :)

facepalm.png

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 pm 
Marquis

which means :D ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 pm 
Heir

too long, didnt read :

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:47 pm 
Marquis

pro comment lolz

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:09 pm 
Viscount

I read it for 2-3 mins and it is nice.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:10 pm 
Marquis

thanks

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:37 pm 
Marquis

gz nfa, finally some1 thought about writing guides.
10 for the effort, i can't evaluate the guide since i don't play PK, but i read it and it looks nice.
gz again.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:59 pm 
Marquis

ty

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 pm 
Marquis

ain't bad :D

gj

ToL +time btw?!

Icarus wrote:
GoD = gay.
:]]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:09 pm 
Viscount

99% true but vs half of the classes in oly you told if you do what you wroted =dead man.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:13 pm 
Marquis

Well, these healers... :d

Icarus wrote:
GoD = gay.
:]]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:21 pm 
Marquis

BEKC wrote:
99% true but vs half of the classes in oly you told if you do what you wroted =dead man.

Explain what you mean to people so u correct me ? I can say random things too

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:30 pm 
Viscount

NoFreaksAll0wed wrote:
BEKC wrote:

Explain what you mean to people so u correct me ? I can say random things too

first ty for not flaming me couse i told you will..now about skill enchants i got smting to add:
ud -penalty
venge -penalty
sof -time
tribunal -modify crit.
tol -time (here time is > cost couse even if you got stucked with low hp you can always ud,or sacri if its ++ and with tol+time its like 1min more)
about oly;
vs summoners;no need to waste time on summon,just keep it stunlocked and phnix ataking sumoner nonstop,he will start heal so you have to agro ofc,if you stun him 2 times in a row ai+icarus(rsk.focus)+phnix he is dead.take care of betray skill.
vs archers;actually is really easy ai at start phnix atacking keep agro on with ai you got higher speed then him arena is small you will pwn his ass easly.
vs evatemplar;its right ai+tol at start but since your phnix is like a DD you need to keep him alive so when you go to him and he dont hit you he hit your phnix and you cant keep with agro you gota sof so your phnix stay longer > do more dmg.vs elf tanks is all about dmg couse actually if he has his 2nd ToL i dont believe he can die.if your phnix dies but you see a good time for resummun try it,he will make you win couse of dmg.
vs titan; actually if he goes in frenzy+zealot he is dead man you just keep all your uds off and bow him while he runs,if he is using zealot+guts you can preai+tol ,,ai gives you speed and you are fast like him so run >phnix attack>keep agro.
vs gladi;actually most good gladis i know wont give a sh1t if you go in preAi+TOL so if he is brave to come for closerange fight just sof if he knows the skill he gona start runing but as usual ai=higher speed then him,i dont recomend stun/silence.if he is alive after ai+sof and he has ++skils +epics ,you go in ud+bow +agro +phnix on his back he gona die.but its not 100%win couse if crazy crits from his skils.once i got crited 5k in ud=)
vs healers;here you cant expect phnix to help you mucho couse of erase..as nofreakedallow said its must to be with sleep rezist armor .if he got like 1-2 nukes he is dead by dmg couse vs him you got sof,venge,ud,and magic ud.now if he got 3-4 nukes and good rezist on armor he may kill you.maximum clarity really usefull here.
vs pk;i would suggest preai+tol..so when fight start you put your phnix to hit his and you start agro him while you hit his phnix.if his phnix start to die he can either sacri it or sof..if he goes for sacri argro if he use sof,you use sof too.here in 90% of the fights the dude who first kills other one phnix and agro the tank win couse of his phnix.here important is not to forget your phnix got smting like cleanse.
vs da;DA is actually easy couse phnix>panther so agro da,keep phnix attacking panther.Its 100%win if you got++sacri for power,couse if you have you dont have to worry about your phnix if he starts dying ToL on him and dont worry.+ even if da silence you Sacri is magic skill so you can spam it on you=)care with sacri couse if his agro.
vs sk;here is kinda sh1t..on 150 hp with SOS with few hits he can actualy make his hp half ..so try to keep phnix alive but vs that dude dont waste ToL on phnix.care with sacri couse of his agro.
vs gh;actually its a easy win if he goes for maje light that means no atri and if you got 300 gun even if no stun he will get insane dmg and will die,if atri armor he will get stunned 3/5.if he hides use ud if he use ue/gw just autoattack+sof/ud if needed.pre ai+tol.{pvp} dager can win it for him but still pk>gh
vs th;actually for me thats the low dagg atm so most important things are to use "Next Target" couse if he has mirage+{pvp}armor you gona have hard times targeting.he dont have much chance except some nice crits+item advantage.{pvp}dag can win it for him but still pk>th
vs pw;thats the dagger that can actually own you.the thing here is that he can heal with ele.heal like you can with your sacri + if he has {pvp}dagger you are 99% dead couse dudes with {pvp}dagg just go straight to you UE+normal hits,till ue is out if he is lucky he gonna leave you no buff then the rest is easy.actualy is pretty ugly to fight that dudes when they have passive/active +evasion and dyna leather jwl set founda...
vs sps,sph,sorce;so first SOF you and phnix auto attack after mage with stun/tribunal from time to time.if some how they survive 30 sec(+15 sof=30 sec) you go in magic ud they will emo quit.Actually good thing to do is if its early oly(A sets no+++skills,no good rezist)that means fear CAN land so at start after ai+tol at 2 secs you use SHield Deflect magic+sof that will give you chance to reflect his fear or if no keep you alive while you are in fear so you have chance to kill him.in early oly mages are really good couse of low rezist +vortrex+crusher on end game piece of cake.
vs necro;here is hard couse good necros drain from their/yours summon when they need hp and if he is stacked with epics its like impossible stun.so if curses land you cant do much couse even phnix cleanse wont save you ..but you go in SOF again and attack summon you should kill it for 5 secs +/- and you would have sof for like 20 secs more just start attacking him,after sof magic ud (never go in magic ud on start of fight becouse they will 2 hit your phnix and actually he really increse your dps,so with sof+agro you can keep him alive for around 20secs) after magic ud if he is steal alive if you dont wanna risk it you can ud/venge +bow him.but if he aint that stacked and ++skils he is easy target.
ol;almost same like necro
wc,bd,sws,wl=101%win
dworfs;its all about if its crafter to kill summon first then kill dworf,they can do some dmg with final secret so if its early game and they have that skill just use UD even if its not enchanted yet couse its early game you will survive their final secret and then its easy just stun/tribunal if he keep doing high dmg you can always use sof/venge.pre ai+toL at start
PS:a good tip vs daggers in oly is when they hide use Magic UD,its same like UD and 99% of daggers dont dear to bs you and get out of hide when you do that so 1 of their most important skils its at reuse,and yours which is totally useless vs them is on reuse but ud aint on reuse =)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:40 pm 
Marquis

Ur strategy is messed up. Btw evne healing the phoenix its almost impossible to keep him alive vs tk :). And meby u know that the phoenix's dmg doesnt count at the end of the matches?
Dont u consider that in the begining i said that i enter AI + ToL always?
I seriously think u havent played paladin soon
Vs necromancers its diffrent from what you said. I enter on Anti magic armor which applies on the phoenix too and on low hp i 2 shot the summon and than kill the necro. There's no way the necro would survive the blunt . U said DA is a 100 % win but thats not true at all. They cancel hard and give tol which decreases the healings u do. They have really big p.atk with the seed.
Seems u are an experienced pala but relying on ur phoeinx this much is not good. U talk about healing and healing it while in oly u have no more than 7-8k hp . If the enemys u fight have attributes on weaps they 2 shot phoenix..

Last edited by NoFreaksAll0wed on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next