Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Temple Knight/Shillien Knight -> Focus dagger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm 
Vagabond

I've made a "few" calculations and testings, and a while ago came to a conclusion that TKs and SKs are ought to be used with dagger instead of sword. Most people would disagree at first blink, but I'll explain why is it much better if your TK/SK is buffed well.

"But you hit much harder with sword."

That's what most people say and think.

With dagger, your p.atk is lower. Even your accuracy is lower by 3,75 (OMFG what a difference, I think it's really not a big deal at higher levels). With crit buffs, guidance, haste, nothing can pair a focus dagger on a TK/SK. Despite the sword/blunt mastery.

Dagger is much faster -> more hits per second

Much more crits with focus dagger than with any sword -> more crits faster

Taking into account death whisper (+ dance of fire), a fast dagger has far better damage output than a sword because of the number and speed of crits.

Even L2Cals shows better DPS. (Like 402 with no SA sword, 435 with no SA dagger, same grade, same opponent, same buffs, etc)

I've tested this even with a stopwatch. Specific mob with no SA sword took ~19 seconds to kill in average. 20 mobs' average. Another 20 mobs of the same kind with no SA dagger: ~ 14,5 secs average.

It's clear if you experiment with this, you will see the difference too. I've got much hate for these thought so far, but please experiment to see it with you own eyes.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Temple Knight/Shillien Knight -> Focus dagger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:40 pm 
Marquis

U never played endgame on low rates?
With sword u can easily reach 1500 atk speed with SoS/FI or whatever skill and great fury and certificate haste. Yes a dager {PvP} would definetly come in handy on focus too.
But no sword is a must for the tank now. Tanks easily reach 1500 atk speed

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 pm 
Vassal

Btw with dager u cant use skills like judment/tribunual u cant use sting and more skills

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:09 pm 
Marquis

i have no idea how should i start flaming this joke... so just maybe... fail?

Icarus wrote:
GoD = gay.
:]]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:33 pm 
Marquis

no no its not a fail. But after gracia its not worthy anymore

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:43 pm 
Marquis

Its not fail if you want to use it to cancel buffs, but saying that dagger>sword has better dps for tanks is fail

Icarus wrote:
GoD = gay.
:]]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 pm 
Forum Troll

so its very simple
nowadays u use dagger ONLY if it has HASTE and PVP-u cancel the buffs and u switch to sword- its ur main weapon(focus ofc)!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:22 pm 
Viscount

Alundra wrote:
I've made a "few" calculations and testings, and a while ago came to a conclusion that TKs and SKs are ought to be used with dagger instead of sword. Most people would disagree at first blink, but I'll explain why is it much better if your TK/SK is buffed well.

"But you hit much harder with sword."

That's what most people say and think.

With dagger, your p.atk is lower. Even your accuracy is lower by 3,75 (OMFG what a difference, I think it's really not a big deal at higher levels). With crit buffs, guidance, haste, nothing can pair a focus dagger on a TK/SK. Despite the sword/blunt mastery.

Dagger is much faster -> more hits per second

Much more crits with focus dagger than with any sword -> more crits faster

Taking into account death whisper (+ dance of fire), a fast dagger has far better damage output than a sword because of the number and speed of crits.

Even L2Cals shows better DPS. (Like 402 with no SA sword, 435 with no SA dagger, same grade, same opponent, same buffs, etc)

I've tested this even with a stopwatch. Specific mob with no SA sword took ~19 seconds to kill in average. 20 mobs' average. Another 20 mobs of the same kind with no SA dagger: ~ 14,5 secs average.

It's clear if you experiment with this, you will see the difference too. I've got much hate for these thought so far, but please experiment to see it with you own eyes.

I AM RETARD

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]