Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Is gladiator the top pvp player?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:25 am 
Elder

I have heard a lot about gladiator in c6(Interlude) and they all say it is an amazing char i agree a lot of damage and alla his skills can be critica.I want your oppinion. TY

bnb Iris Eas 59necro
EasThePunisher 60 spoiler

Last edited by tsakpinis on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:20 am 
Vassal

It's true...but.
Every char has it's biggest foe.
Self buffed even a MAESTRO 78 with a decent pole and blunt, imperial set and riposte stance on can easily beat Duealist 78. Duelist will run out of MP (if he turns on all passive skills) when MAESTRO still has 1/2 CP.

Dominators also can beat Duelists (huge pdef on soul guard) even Hierophant has big chancec againts him.

Vigilant dagger will also bluff Duelist each time he uses skill.

In general duelists are good for mages, archers and daggers.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:41 am 
Heir

azaron wrote:
It's true...but.
Every char has it's biggest foe.
Self buffed even a MAESTRO 78 with a decent pole and blunt, imperial set and riposte stance on can easily beat Duealist 78. Duelist will run out of MP (if he turns on all passive skills) when MAESTRO still has 1/2 CP.

Dominators also can beat Duelists (huge pdef on soul guard) even Hierophant has big chancec againts him.

Vigilant dagger will also bluff Duelist each time he uses skill.

In general duelists are good for mages, archers and daggers.

Not quite true. If you play the duelist yourself in IC then you got the same p.def advantage. Same as Maestro, the duelist has Riposte Stance as well. Besides maestro a duelist has warcry and duelist spirit and his sonic nukers do a lot more damage and they are ranged.

1vs1 on selfbuffs a duelist will own any character besides a Dominator and possible a WC going melee with IC and basalt bh. EE's can also pose a threat to duelists due to their mana burn and quick heal. The Hierophant is too slow on the healing as he doesnt have major heal like the EE.

Melee classes find it almost impossible to kill a duelist in IC because he can outrun any class except a dagger class and still nuke them with sonics for huge damage. Archers stand no chance, mages are dead in a second. Daggers are only lucky to win if they get a lethal strike and a titan can withstand the attacks with guts or change fate of the match with frenzy if the duelist is in range of his next strike.

Its true that Duelists eat mana fast, but even so they can do 2-3 rounds of all their Sonics before they run out. Unless you have something with huge p.def and draining capabilities such as a Dominator you're pretty much dead.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:16 am 
Count

so a duelist can beat an arcana lord ?oO

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:11 pm 
Heir

Depends? Is the duelist a total noob? Then by all means, the answer is no :)

You must understand, the Duelist is perhaps the most versatile melee class. If you make good use of his strenght you can be a great undisputable player.
Should you fail to add your dexterity to his skills then you have failed playing a Duelist to its true strenght.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:52 pm 
Count

the answer is no = yes,the duelist > al ?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:06 pm 
Heir

I'd say a Duelist can top any class besides a Dominator. A doomcryer wearing IC might have a shot at killing the glad but frankly I've never seen it happen. The duelist's high dexterity compared to the doomcryer's in IC gives him a higher advantage at using ranged attacks and even slashes in a melee confrontation.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:07 pm 
Count

don't make me reroll :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 pm 
Heir

Not only dominators has soul guard and draining capabilities, but if he isn't lucky enough to send back his curses, he will eat the seal of despair, giving him almost no chance to survive.

Archers also have a VERY SMALL propability to win with lethal strike of their lethal shot again.

The gladiator is even useful in high rate servers. Check this out yourselves.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:04 pm 
Vagabond

I have 1 duelist in a 7x server and trust me, he isn't that OMFGWTFPWNTKOPTER, but can do some damage... And till lvl 78 he is a complete trash

PS: All orcs crush duelists....

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:36 pm 
Vagabond

i agree that duelist cant beat orcs as an all the classes with high hp/cp and good pdef.I think a warlock has chances to beat a duelist coz of his good buffs AND heal for pet,his paralize cubic that if it lands all its over and has much hp and cp for a mage.He also have tabsfair pain that will make things worst.A titan if he carries a bow i thnk he can beat a duealist with at least 1khp ermaining. :x

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:48 pm 
Count

oh and i don't know about interlude but c4 necro still owns everyone in pvp.except for the sleep nerf,it's still a necro with greatest summons and debuffs and the lowest-cost nuke

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:34 pm 
Viscount

I saw a video about soultaker VS Prophet .====> Prophet wins XD

Quote:
Is gladiator the top pvp player?

For me, YES. with a good STR and CON

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 pm 
Vassal

http://youtube.com/v/gCvcsLxzjQw
yea gladiator is one of the best in pvp but when he is high lvl ^^...look here PP vs Glad ..PP wins
PS: pp vs necro..pp wins :)
http://youtube.com/v/bRxvVmgzZkY :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:09 am 
Heir

Aerondir wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/gCvcsLxzjQw
yea gladiator is one of the best in pvp but when he is high lvl ^^...look here PP vs Glad ..PP wins
PS: pp vs necro..pp wins :)
http://youtube.com/v/bRxvVmgzZkY :P

To my best knowledge when one compares a class to another you compare the fully evolved class. A necro does not stand a chance against a Duelist. You cant compare a class when its at level 50 for example, or 60 or 70 because its not fully developed.

Indeed, the Duelist is a late bloomer, but what a bloomer he is. When you are low level you should take pride if there's someone you've killed because there's really not many classes you can kill at lower levels.

And dont get into youtube movies that much, lots of newbies post their movies on youtube that doesnt mean anything. Play the character yourself and then decide if you like it or not.

I've seen Dominator being killed by a Temple Knight on youtube which in a real combat situation would never happen unless the Dominator was as newbie as the guy in that movie. A dominator's soul guard can whitstand any attacks even if the duelist reflects, say, silence back on the Dominator. Its built to absorb damage and return pain. He's a Dominator.

Duelists can be killed by a dagger class in a one lucky lethal shot but it rarely happens that the TH/AW/PW lasts that long to have at it.
Besides Dominators there are no other orc classes that can beat a duelist as someone previously mentioned.
A Doomcryer simply cannot do it because it lacks the empower buff and soulguard as Dominators have. Should the WC try to go melee and use IC and a blunt weapon he would cripple even more his casting speed and that would be the end of it.
A tyrant cannot do it either because it lacks the attack strenght and even with having more attack speed the sonics of the duelist deal ALOT more damage.
A titan is too slow to catch the duelist. And someone mentioned a titan using a bow. Did you ever notice the accuracy in that situation? You'd miss 2/3 and the duelist can take you out with nukes alone. Guts and Frenzy are great but their recovery time is really bad whilst a Duelist can reuse Duelist Spirit and Warcry much faster again. All he's gotta do is run from the titan and nuke him with Sonic Blaster every 5-7 seconds.

My oppinion only (based on own past and present experiences!)

OfflineProfile