Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: How has the war affected the lineage 2 community?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:05 am 
Vassal

Hi, I haven't played lineage 2 in years.
I have played many servers and i was wondering. Considering the lineage 2 community was overwhelmingly Russian, I was wondering how the war is affecting the game.

Be brutal and honest please, don't sugar coat it.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: How has the war affected the lineage 2 community?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 am 
Duke

I'd say it didn't affect specifically Russian players that much, after all not that many men were drafted (not yet anyway, hopefully they won't in the future either). However, I'm sure it pretty much removed any Ukrainian playerbase, considering most people were either forced to flee their homes or are currently struggling with the electricity.

As for pure numbers, I didn't follow it that much, from what I recall Asterios (>98% Russian speaking) online numbers didn't change much, and for example ElmoreLab (also mostly Russian speaking playerbase) slowly grew into one of the biggest servers these days... Though you would probably be better off asking specifically at Russian servers' forums to get more "on the site" response

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:30 pm 
Vassal

Probably not that much. Apart from ocasional "Slava Ukraine" on global most people realize that average russian L2 player has zero effect on russian politics.

Perhaps the biggest change is the amount of RMT on international servers from russian players. Since RUB fell and most RMT on int. scene are in EUR the motivation to RMT from russian to non-russian playersbase increased. Althout this is probably impossible to measure.

Also i had problem donating via russian based banking portals but admins adapted and this is now mostly solved.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:06 pm 
Viscount

i cant speak for all servers but rpg club has worse start ever, many europeans like polish, ukrainians lithuanians (that make majority of players) and many more skipped this server this year, last year server was amazing 2 3 months of fun many players, now barely few parties even att start of server... now half month later server dead, even admins on discord said war influenced online.

and i agree with other comments, this is not politics and admins or mods will not influence to stop or to start war... sadly this year we lost a lot of fun in game.

OfflineProfile