Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Cheap hero strat (Interlude)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:02 pm 
Vassal

A different strategy I brainstormed with a friend (Melo) few years ago as a alternative to mage/archer rushes. Didn't get the chance to test it rushing IL low rate. Posting here before cleanup.

Cheap hero strat (Interlude)

Concept: Use cheap hero classes to acquire 2 hero mage subs with Infinity Scepter getting to 50-60% mcrit. rate before first Valakas. This strategy puts the CP in top3 CPs on server *without* direct competition with top2 CPs.

Heavily dependent on server's oly period setup. Delayed olympiad (50+ days) makes this strat less viable.

trash classes

There are trash classes and then there are DA and SK. TK is semi-viable on oly and can be seen (albeit rarely) as oly farmer. Avoid daggers or other edgy classes. Avoid solo-play chars like spoilers, crafters and summoners. PW is last resort trash if you go 3x dd party.

pvp party setup

DA -> SPS
SK-> SORC
plus the rest: BISH, EE, SE, BD, SWS, WC, ES

oly

SK and DA should end with 1pt and 1 win. Rest of points drained to supporting chars for constant valor. Since top archer CP is draining all points into bishop/ee and top mage cp into dds this strat can focus on the rest like SE, BD, SWS, WC.

ES hero depends on your oly skills and equip. ES shouldn't be your only oly farmer. Better to roll out up to 3 oly farmers but that depends on activity. Something like 1-PP 2-OL 3-ES. Since ES is cheap to equip you only need to tool up 2 chars. Since heroes give you decent mcrit you don't have to burn all LS on active/passive WM lotto and use them for oly chars.

issues

This strategy puts you on backfoot for first 2-3 weeks. Where mages dominate first 1-2 weeks your dds are useless tanks. Your dd mage subs begin dealing damage after the power shifts from mages to archers. That makes your CP less useful for early contests like first Baium or early AQs.

extra

Since both DA and SK have Banish Seraph there is possible DA,SK,EE,SE,ES exp setup to lvl on angels 55+ irrespectively of COV rush pty. Depends on server files (land-rate).

Add NECRO sub on SK to deal dmg on uncontested Valakas. Or start fresh SPH78.

In theory you can contest BISH/EE heroes since archer CPs are less willing to drain HE/PS oly points but this goes against the spirit of the strat.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Cheap hero strat (Interlude)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:38 am 
Vagabond

This is an excellent article. I read this site every day, and it never ceases to amaze me!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:16 am 
Duke

ladyjames6600 wrote:
This is an excellent article. I read this site every day, and it never ceases to amaze me!

How nice of you, I am sure you would not have added any spam links to your post if I didn't lock it :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:56 pm 
Duke

btw. that guide is actually pretty solid, well done :wink:

OfflineProfile