Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Multibox
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:43 pm 
Vagabond

Hey guys,

i want you to ask about your opinion on multibox. Do you think it kills the game? Is it even possible to have run a server without multiple game windows and not fail? How many game windows should servers allow? Is it even possible to have a protection that would block multibox (what about multiple PCs)?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Multibox
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:02 pm 
Vagabond

imo dualbox is fine, there are not so many ppl playing l2 nowadays and sometimes without a buffer on box it's pain in the ass or even impossible to find a party and it's most of the time neccesary to play on higher lvls, however more than 1 box is too much, it increases online count but only number, not actual players

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:19 pm 
Baron

Dualbox is certainly ruining the experience. Of course, when the player population is low, you have to compensate for it somehow, and if its not box, then you must make gm shop, events, whatever. With more than 30 live players its really easy and completely possible to do (even 15-20 is enough in fact). Of course, then people have to play many characters (which imo also ruins the game), but L2 is built this way so if you dont have live players, you need to switch to different chars (no box!).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:40 am 
Viscount

Dualboxing should be allowed from one IP only, regardless the family members.
Multiboxing sux, and I hate playing even dual-box.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:56 pm 
Elder

Everyone talks about how much they hate dual box.
But when there are few servers without dual box, no one wants to play.

Sick L2 Community. 8)

* No donations
* No pay2win

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:01 pm 
Baron

Thats because they hate dualbox, but they hate hard leveling/grinding more than boxing.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:56 pm 
Vagabond

Honestly I don't understand people who can't stand even 1 box, it is MANDATORY to allow at least 1 box nowadays because whether you like it or not, l2 is 'dead' and not as populated as it used to be, I would rather jump from my flat window if somebody forced me to play fighter without buffer and I couldn't find party due to low population servers nowadays (unless it's russian)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:08 pm 
Baron

Dawn, evoke and similar servers always had enough people to play without boxes. Hell, even having just one party on the server is enough, but 30+ people is optimal and any number higher than that makes the gameplay smooth. Dont forget there are newbie buffs, clan hall buffs, potions etc.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:11 pm 
Vagabond

One party on the server is enough? I think we have different priorities when it comes to Massive Multiplayer Online gaming ;]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 pm 
Baron

What Im saying is that 1 box is not mandatory as long as there is at least one balanced party actively playing the server. Speaking about buffs and stuff ofc. If you dont need buffs, then you can play alone no problem. Not much multiplayer, but you can play without box, which is my point.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:17 pm 
Duke

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Dualbox is certainly ruining the experience. Of course, when the player population is low, you have to compensate for it somehow, and if its not box, then you must make gm shop, events, whatever. With more than 30 live players its really easy and completely possible to do (even 15-20 is enough in fact). Of course, then people have to play many characters (which imo also ruins the game), but L2 is built this way so if you dont have live players, you need to switch to different chars (no box!).

Yeah but out of 20 people, 18 will want to play DD anyway :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:12 pm 
Baron

Which is absolutely no problem in gracia and on because healers can nuke, tanks can do damage and orc buffers have infinite mana (getting MP per melee hit). But yes, for any lower chronicle this is a problem and those 15+ players still need to follow the concept of balanced party (aka all classes present) to have the optimal gameplay.

OfflineProfile