Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What happened to western community in Lineage II?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:23 am 
Vagabond

Like seriously. To me, after the old x5 and x15 rpg servers everybody just seemed to have vanished somewhere never to be seen again.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: What happened to western community in Lineage II?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:52 am 
Baron

They moved on to different games. Russians still play this game like it's 2008 though..

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:31 pm 
Viscount

Obscure wrote:
Like seriously. To me, after the old x5 and x15 rpg servers everybody just seemed to have vanished somewhere never to be seen again.

main problem is that l2 is actually dead in rest of the world, only russians and few countiresl ike poland, lithuania, greece etc have few clans.
lets be honest, after gracia it went down and now its unplayable game. they trying to make classic server, but its nothing close to classic, and its hardcore grind... they dont get what ppl want, what was best chronicles, and privates always dominated global, cause thier rates were x3 x5 x7, not those x1 nolife grindfests

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:46 pm 
Vagabond

GraciaFinal wrote:
Obscure wrote:

main problem is that l2 is actually dead in rest of the world, only russians and few countiresl ike poland, lithuania, greece etc have few clans.
lets be honest, after gracia it went down and now its unplayable game. they trying to make classic server, but its nothing close to classic, and its hardcore grind... they dont get what ppl want, what was best chronicles, and privates always dominated global, cause thier rates were x3 x5 x7, not those x1 nolife grindfests

Yeah, i played since C1 myself. Nowadays i usually just check the launches of new servers for a day or two and then leave. Everything above GF seems like BS. Tried "classic" server expecting the old C1, maybe with a few nerfs to OP stuff (remember sleep>attack>sleep>attack mages? DoT> Sleep? Dagger skills ignoring armor and blow succes determined by crit rating? :D) instead of that got... something unbearable.

I guess L2 is an old dog, and we need to put it to rest already :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:58 pm 
Elder

The game is still good, all we need is one proper Gracia or Interlude server for us. There's nothing wrong with those chronicles, then the game was as it should be. The problem is with servers of today is not the game. If you think of it, it's not even the server itself, if it's properly maintained by an attentive staff, good antibot system, great chronicle, that's all we need!

So then what causes the downfall of today's l2 servers, why are they not populated?
Because of the PEOPLE. The players. We've seen many examples when everything was properly there from the server-side (L2Citadel for example), but people just left because of stupid reasons like "one sided server", no competition etc...
Let me ask you: What's that have to do with the server itself?

Server is one sided, then MAKE ANOTHER. Don't leave. No one left to compete against, then wait for a while. Just hold your ground, because the server's life depends on it! View things long term. Why leave on the first sign of decay, that's WEAK man. Not to mention, just where do you plan to go? Even if there's some other server launching, you if you carry over the same attitude, you just destroy that too. And why abandon all that we build up for the unknown?
Invite more people, work something out... maybe donate so they can do some advertising.

One thing that needs to be understood, is that a servers life is governed by the players not the gm's. If one end up like L2Citadel, shame is on the players. Just like the fate of earth is ruled by humans and not god. God gave you air to breathe and ground to stand on, and avert any ddos, I mean meteor attacks. That was his job. Everything is granted for you to be happy, so don't accuse him if you end up knee-deep in your own shit.
Just pick a server (while it's not ideal, I think right now L2Dawn seems the most promising) and make the best of it. Because that is your ONLY way to get yourself a decent server. Now L2Dawn has still got a long way to go, but in general, the best guys in every servers life are those few that still believed in it, stood till the end despite all the doomsayers and other weaklings giving up. If there would be more of them, we could have great servers and the L2 community would still prosper. Since we have the choice to hop from one server to another, most people lost their ability to work on their problems. So if we really want to get a good server, then we should take a pick and hold our ground. Just how people did in the glory days with the offical game. Nobody left for some l2j bs. That was the place to be and everybody knew that.

So it's not that the game bacame an old dog.
Just that the players became pussies.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:54 pm 
Vagabond

Yeah, i'm not a big fan of C6, since i don't really like the class balance in it, i love GF even tho in some cases its even more unbalanced, but still it offers some of the newer content (Tiat, TW, Vesper etc) while keeping an open field feel to it like say c4,c5,c6 had.

I think its not really about being pussies as much as it is about having unrealistic expectations, people hope that server will last forever with thousands of people online and when they dont get that, they quit after grinding 24/7 for few weeks. In my opinion it has to do with the fact that everybody knows everything about this game and after the nostalgia thirst is quenched they realize its all pointless and stop playing, especially when there isn't somebody to compete with.

Citadel in my opinion chose the worst possible chronicle to open in this day and age, its just too hardcore with people having to grind up to 78 only to have weeks to open hellbound only for the 9 people in their group and then grind again. As far as i remember they opened it for all but it was too late. They should really consider opening a gracia final server because they have the files, their server was downgraded from GF retail files to HB.

I went to the rpg server expecting some resurgence only to find few thousand russians and thousands of offline shops on every corner with overpriced items, (1.2kkk for s84 heavy top 2 months into x7 server lmao). So as far as i understand rpg is not international anymore since every chat channel is in cyrilic spam (hero included).

Why do these people from old servers like Azure dont come and fill the gap, players would pay them for hats 24/7 if they would, why do people open servers only when market is over-saturated with them and they chose either chronicles that require 24/7 online with 20 people in a party (like c5) or chronicles were u hit the ceiling in 2 weeks (like c6). Somebody from respected people should make some kick starter campaign or something and make it happen, because few more years like that and nobody will even look at this game outside of server hopping mid rate randoms and russians.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:33 pm 
Viscount

as rpg club showed , even community is diferent today, even if there would be crazy overpopularted c6/gracia low rate server, with good files, no donation etc, majority of players still would rush lvl, nolife as hell, reach nobless, and after 1 2 heroes cycles server would die. same happen to rpg club, it was awesome to play for 2 months, but after than only top allys left, they farm absolute top zones, some epics and thats it, if u want reroll new class like in old times, u will be forced to solo, or at best wit few guys who u met :> while in c1-c6, maybe begining of gracia era, it was non stop action in all levels, for months and even years. Yes im talking about privates , cause global rates was for hardcore grinders. ive played majority of my career in low mid servers, 10-30x rates, and 100x rates bfdr (aka battle for dawn of reborn), i know it sounds to high, but servers like these had 6 8k online at peak, there were wipe of server each year, and after that even more ppl came, more fun, u could do anything and have fun, there was no vitalities, no gm shops and buffers, its was so fun. no one rushed lvl, ofc there was top clans who were amazing, but majority of players just wanted a party in ct or loa, to roll and test all diferent classes of l2, so they spend months in loa just trying new stuff, finding ncie ppl to play with, later i remember moonstone shard farms in blazing swamp, it tooks ages in that zone for many ppl, and it was so fun.... now look what ppl do in h5 chronicle, they add 3 vitalities and farm 80+ lvl in one day even on x3 x5 rates, then uber rush sub and nobles and goes to clan who are just farming instances adn raids, doing some q for items thats it, random pvp dont happen anymore

i think its community fault, there was some private servers like we talk about in last few years, but ppl just kiled them. i recently tryed playing blade and soul, and it feels similar to early days of lineage 2, not cause of features, but of dont knowing what to do, where to go, exploring new stuff etc. But that game is not even clsoe to unique and original l2 gameplay, 10 15 diference zones for each lvl, dwarves uniqueness, crafting stuff, pvp and pve farming , A LOT of diferent classes. If there will be new game at least a bit simialr to lineage 2 c0-gracia features, it might be simialar experience

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:35 pm 
Vagabond

I guess i just refuse to accept the fact that this game is over. Just waiting for Bless to launch in the west, played it in Korea a bit, really liked it.

I think that streamlining L2 to the bones and eventually making a whole different game with GOD made a lot of people give up on the game. H5 is a casual chronicle in which without any effort you can gear yourself with everything in a matter of few months except of valakas and antharas jewelry. Oh well.

I really miss Guild Wars 1 and C1-GF l2 where you actually had to be at least remotely skilled and dedicated to reach above average status on your characters/clan/party whatever.

Sad days, just felt like making this topic to cry a little.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:33 am 
Marquis

Old conmunity was loyal and stayed on a server. Today you need as server owner to do your best to get fresh blood each day via advertise. Today doesnt mather what files you use . I will be curious how community will react to first classic private with retail files that will be open near june. Nomads or loyal again ? :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:11 pm 
Viscount

Obscure wrote:
I guess i just refuse to accept the fact that this game is over. Just waiting for Bless to launch in the west, played it in Korea a bit, really liked it.

I think that streamlining L2 to the bones and eventually making a whole different game with GOD made a lot of people give up on the game. H5 is a casual chronicle in which without any effort you can gear yourself with everything in a matter of few months except of valakas and antharas jewelry. Oh well.

I really miss Guild Wars 1 and C1-GF l2 where you actually had to be at least remotely skilled and dedicated to reach above average status on your characters/clan/party whatever.

i know, it took me a long time to mentaly prepare myself that l2 is actually dead, players just amstered this game and dont have any fun anymore. exploring new good game is most fun :) if only there was mmorpg with similar features, tryed a lot, and still nothing is even close...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:19 pm 
Vagabond

GraciaFinal wrote:
Obscure wrote:

i know, it took me a long time to mentaly prepare myself that l2 is actually dead, players just amstered this game and dont have any fun anymore. exploring new good game is most fun :) if only there was mmorpg with similar features, tryed a lot, and still nothing is even close...

I play eve online. It's even more hardcore than l2 :D Less flashy though.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:25 pm 
Vagabond

So after a lot of research i found that today (05/02/2016) a russian x1 Gracia Final server is opening.
It is lineageclassic.ru
You know, there will be a lot of RU spam in shout, and all the annoying things that happen in RU servers, but they say they expect a lot of ppl, they have L2OFF filles and rates are x1 in the best chronicle of L2 imo.
Seems like good server overall. Only thing left is to check it.
I hope we can have a good low rate server at last after a long time.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:18 pm 
Marquis

a good server is where you start play and dont think to leave after 1 week .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:57 pm 
Baron

There is enough community but for some weird reason it keeps jumping to a different server every month.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:10 pm 
Vagabond

Depends on what you call community i guess.

OfflineProfile