Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: My thoughts on L2 and Raid Boss Drops
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:22 pm 
Vagabond

Everything in life, Half Full = Half Empty. You can either choose to be Positive or Negative.

When I look at the game, Lineage2 and think about what I do each day, what people do, what the game has become and where it's going...etc., I get mixed feelings... If I choose to look at the game Negatively, criticizing what's not perfect about L2, I can probably list like 1,000 reasons. But this is not the direction I want to take...It's probably because I am a believer of Constructive Criticism. It's so easy to tear things apart with Logic and reasoning, but I believe such a process of analyzing and criticizing for the sake of tearing things apart is Not healthy. There has to be a Constructive solution in the end.

What I really like about the "Under Ground update" is the boosted Exp for Kartia and Baylor and the new LvL99+ Instances. I really like the Kamaoka NM, Mystic Tavern...etc. Good Job NC!
I hear people crying about More Exp for XP parties like EV or Gainak village and less for the instances. Well, nothing has changed for party Exp grind. It's just that Instance EXP has become so good! They didn't nuff any EXP for the World Mobs. And seriously we all become the same level in the end. I used to use full Boost for K95 Duo to get 10B exp per run. Now you get that same 10B Exp without ANY BOOST with 0 Vitality in 7 men Full Party! And you know what that means? Hitting 99 or even 100 has become so easy now; and if you like Exp grind party, there is nothing to stop you, it's still decent! and I see people still leveling at EV.

Yeah... people who spend money on EXP stuff will become 1-2 levels higher than you faster(level 85 and Level 95 difference becomes just 1-2 level difference after level 99 LOL) but in the end, we all become the same. I heard at Level 105, you can do all the instances and Level at the best EXP party spot everyday with full boost all the time, but Can't even get 1% a month...LOL! which means level 105 is the max level pretty much. It's like...to get to your destination, you can choose to take a nice walk for 30 minutes or spend a dollar or two for a bus and get there in 15 minutes(10 minutes to wait for the bus and 5 minute ride) or you can choose to spend $15 for a Taxi to get there in 3 minutes...Yeah the more you spend, the faster you go but in the end it's all the same. We all arrive at the same destination.

I like the fact that Lineage 2 is FREE!
LOL! YEAH it's absolutely FREE to play and you don't really have to buy anything and the game is playable! and I know some smart people richer than most Ncoin Spenders, too. (me..on the other hand, I just don't have a lot of time) Something people often forget but I am so grateful for this; and the game is A MASTER PIECE too!

SUCCESS
The game success is about the balance between Players vs NCsoft,
People having fun VS Making money. Well, Somebody has to pay for the operating cost of L2! So we can't really say anything about what NC sells at Nstore. We like it, then we buy; We don't like it, then we don't buy.
But here is something I want NC to remember.

NCsoft Priority #1 should ALWAYS be Making the game Fun to play for everyone
ONLY THEN #2 = Profit.

You cannot make a profit on a game that's not fun to play with no players. You gotta have a good player base, i.e. lots of people playing the game, then you can start thinking about making money. You may think that people who just play but never buy anything from the Nstore are USELESS, BUT they are NOT! Truly Free Players are just as important as the major Ncoin spenders. It's simply because People who spend money on this game spend their money TO BECOME better than most other players. Without the majority of people playing this game, spending money to get better than others is meaningless.
I hope you follow my logic here.

So what am I really saying?

Make the game fun please! And you can start doing so by Boosting the L2 Raid bosses. Raiding Istina, Octavis, Tauti, Antharas, Valakas, Lindvior..etc. are the only means for the majority of L2 player base to make some good Adena to get necessary gears for their Level. And it feels like you are slowly killing the L2 Raids... You are killing the raids by nuffing the drops, taking the fun away from people, to sell what? 30 day Boss Jewel Packs? Trust me on this...The extra profit from those 30 day Jewel packs are not worth it. It's actually better not to have those at all; but instead boost the Raid Drops and then include the Actual Boss Jewels in the future L2 Store Promos.
(you know what's funny?, 30 day Boss Jewel packs = No need to get the real Boss Jewels = People will not spend Money on the future Nstore promos that include any boss jewels. i.e. No more Carrot event, No more Abundance event, No more Alien Event, all your future event sales will be 50% less profitable)

No more 30 day Boss Jewels packs and Boost the Raid Drops!

Anyways, thank you NCsoft! for doing the Excellent Job otherwise!

P.S. Boost the Raid drops and I will give you FREE Ultimate Nstore item Idea which will triple your profit but also Double the player base!
I AM NOT JOKING!~

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: My thoughts on L2 and Raid Boss Drops
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:56 pm 
Viscount

tldr:

what they need to do, is lauch official servers c4 c6 gracia final, with x3~ rates, and l2 would relive their greatest chronicles once again. ppl could choose chronicle, and there would be tons of ppl there.

ive seen u talk about god raid bosses. plz dont even mention goddes chronicle here. its not l2 anymore.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: My thoughts on L2 and Raid Boss Drops
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:50 am 
Viscount

GraciaFinal wrote:
tldr:

what they need to do, is lauch official servers c4 c6 gracia final, with x3~ rates, and l2 would relive their greatest chronicles once again. ppl could choose chronicle, and there would be tons of ppl there.

ive seen u talk about god raid bosses. plz dont even mention goddes chronicle here. its not l2 anymore.

They will never relaunch old chronicles. No logic. They were expansions.
And yes - chronicles after Hi5 are not l2 anymore, but they need 'em, to make game infinite, so they can earn money and keep western servers up.

And these servers are paradise for botters. Bots never get banned. Because NCSoft staff is linked (unofficially) with adena sellers websites.

OfflineProfile