Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What would be your perfect L2 server?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:21 pm 
Vagabond

Hello guys,

We are opening a low rate Interlude Server on L2Dawn . com and I just wanted to ask you some questions and a general feedback so that we could improve ourselves everyday.

What made you happiest in L2?
What do you expect from an administration?
What features do you care about most?
What in your opinion would keep you playing the game?

The following are our thoughts:

An L2 administration should be online most of the time. So we are 4 gms from 2 different continents and 3 timezones.

Should be active, therefore should be weekly events / give aways / minigames etc.

Should be friendly. We have this virtual family vision.

The server should be community driven. Meaning, community's opinion is valuable and must be respected.

Maybe there is something you would like to add or something you wouldn't agree with? Maybe there are some additional things that you would like to add or additional questions that each gm should ask himself and answer?

Share your thoughts and comments, none of them will go unread and will definitely help us.

Grateful,

Vladimir Resetnikov,
a.k.a ChinaTown

L2Dawn . com

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: What would be your perfect L2 server?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:22 pm 
Heir

Things most people hate about low rates...

- Doing 2nd class for the 1000th time
- Crazy grinding
- Bots/3rd party programs
- Wrong/missing spoil (make sure you test this properly before you launch)
- Op rb stats. This is true for most l2off servers.
- Staff inactivity
- Op donations
- Corruption

PS- Launch beta even if it's only for a week. There are always bugs to be found

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:25 pm 
Vassal

ChinaTown wrote:
Hello guys,

We are opening a low rate Interlude Server on L2Dawn . com and I just wanted to ask you some questions and a general feedback so that we could improve ourselves everyday.

What made you happiest in L2?
What do you expect from an administration?
What features do you care about most?
What in your opinion would keep you playing the game?

The following are our thoughts:

An L2 administration should be online most of the time. So we are 4 gms from 2 different continents and 3 timezones.

Should be active, therefore should be weekly events / give aways / minigames etc.

Should be friendly. We have this virtual family vision.

The server should be community driven. Meaning, community's opinion is valuable and must be respected.

Maybe there is something you would like to add or something you wouldn't agree with? Maybe there are some additional things that you would like to add or additional questions that each gm should ask himself and answer?

Share your thoughts and comments, none of them will go unread and will definitely help us.

Grateful,

Vladimir Resetnikov,
a.k.a ChinaTown

L2Dawn . com
First of all your server isn't a bit original, there are countless servers out there with 5x Interlude/99% skills working/ augments/ other stuff. In my opinion you should use your creativity when creating a server, you are on good track, you got the server you just have to switch a bit some variables. People don't expect from a server to have NPC buffers on a low rate server, but what l2indigo did (1x with buffer) was a nice and refreshing new way to view the game (don't mind that server it is dead). I don't say you should add a buffer, but since your server population is low judging by your absence on Hopzone and low votes on Topzone you can always add a small amount of events like free teleports, reduced prices on items during a period of time, increased rates during a period of time, retail events. I never played on your server because I saw lack of originality, I just wanted to help you out and I think I can speak for the rest when I say we are tired of the same servers where we do the same quests, the same grinding, the same profession quests (srsly on any server by now this should not be a thing, we've done this before and we are tired).
I would like a server that is original, that has something crazy, fun and balanced (I know this is hard to reach, but give a crazy fun server some time and things will settle). For example on many servers that have NPC buffers the support classes are useless I (except Wc, Ol and bishops I guess), I suggest giving them some other skills if your server has NPC buffer, people are going to box themselves a support or two without NPC buffer on a low rate server.
Don't try to do something that has been done try doing something new.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:10 pm 
Heir

Quote:
I think I can speak for the rest when I say we are tired of the same servers where we do the same quests, the same grinding, the same profession quests

No you don't! Most people who play on low rates want the features to be retail like. I think the type of server you're looking for is one with custom skills/stats/farm zones etc. I agree about the 2nd class quests though. They are annoying and ridiculously long. Dunno why would anyone want to do 2nd after all these years...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:54 pm 
Vassal

enw wrote:
Quote:
I think I can speak for the rest when I say we are tired of the same servers where we do the same quests, the same grinding, the same profession quests

No you don't! Most people who play on low rates want the features to be retail like. I think the type of server you're looking for is one with custom skills/stats/farm zones etc. I agree about the 2nd class quests though. They are annoying and ridiculously long. Dunno why would anyone want to do 2nd after all these years...

Yes I'm looking for something custom, but not the type of custom with 80+ stuff, wings, tattoos and many other things, my vision of Lineage might be different and might not even be L2. I want something new using the old stuff.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:37 am 
Baron

The perfect server would be nothing more than a new RETAIL last version 1x server without bots and the problems old servers have.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:20 pm 
Vagabond

I. Retail like, 1x, no dual box, C3-H5, no customs at all( no offline shops) would be an idea.
II. Hmmm I think you can try something that one server at least did, increase the rates( I mean 10x or more), retail like, no gm shop, no npc buffer, no global GK, just with higher rates.
III. 5x server, with offline shops, 1st and 2nd class transfer for free, events( weekends double rates, or at least few days every month), patch that shows prices for items and how many crystals will break into, spoil/drop -lvl -aggression -treasure box patch and I don't know...

* One thing I hate about newer Chronicles, they make the game easier, I would like to spend my money on every grade, to have full weapons, long time didn't see a newbie on a low rate interlude with top no grade on him and so on. So Coupons for items and shadows shouldn't exist.
* I agree class quests(1st/2nd) sux hard, I don't know why ppl don't make them free...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:21 pm 
Viscount

c5 c6 or gracia
rates x7-x15
international or my country community
at least 3k online
offlineshop available
minimum donation hats agations etc
starting like this or next month on summer holidays

this pretty much sums up it :)
ofc not major bugs or server fails during first few months, cause that caused like milions decent servers to collapse

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:38 pm 
Vagabond

Honestly. I would love to just basically start over in L2 from the begining. I took times out because i couldn't afford it and school and stuff so i missed as it went through... If i could just like start L2 from beta and then have it progress even at like 1/5th the time it took or really at the same speed, I think it would be freaking amazing. As much as the changes make the game "Less L2" and so on I kinda like how the game has progressed from the begining until now. If i had the exact same as that, maybe with the customization of Aion because it's nice not having identical characters. I would be more than happy to sell my soul for a lifetime subscription.

Ethan Stark

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:18 am 
Vagabond

Best server imo:
Chronicle: c5, c6
Rates:
Exp- x10-20
Adena x10
Spoil x15-25 (dont have much time as before)
Dualbox allowed (only 1 + 1 +1(offline))
Max enchants +7
Oli 2 weeks
Class manager (that 1 thing can be custom)
No GM shop
Need to be a new server (dont want to chase lvl+70),good online, donations for hats (can be pay to play (5-10 euro per account), no custom dung like mega ultra hiper armor with a cape, auto events (tvt,ctf), manual events (hide & seek, kill gm, boss spawn at city etc).
Aaaaand it could be my server for a looong time.
What a shame, there is no serv like this atm.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:32 pm 
Vagabond

basically it would be pre-GoD Lineage 2 with the Frostbite 2 game engine for graphics. More character physical feature changing options, and armour that you can change the look of, or at the very least make it like the early grades, when the designers would make various sets, with different looks. Would be nice to see piles of different types of top gear. The worst in L2 history was back when everyone and their dog was dressed in Dynasty. Every person in town looked exactly the same, aside from 3 types of faces.

Huge land mass to explore/discover. Have dungeons for people that like dungeon crawls, or small rooms to hunt in (Yep I miss the Catas) , The game would not have any instances, and not have any factions, and not have any "Channels". PK'ing would still have a penalty, but more like what it used to be, where you could PK when needed (IE someone KS'ing your mobs), or someone that was generally annoying. The grind would be C3-C4 ish. Hardcore, but not C1-C2 ish when mobs would give you less XP even when their colors didn't change based on your level. And all the classes would stay seperate. Not Awakening and becoming something you weren't working the last 7-8 years on.

OfflineProfile