Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Duelist in Hellbound
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 pm 
Vagabond

I remember gladiators kicking ass in interlude and after the upgrade to hellbound, their damage in pvp dropped drastically. They went from the top of the food chain to the very bottom of it, or at least that's how I remember it. I would like to know if it would be worth playing a gladiator in in hb. Are duelists in hb as strong as duelists in interlude? Can they handle daggers/nuker (or other int classes)? Are there any classes that counter him hard? Does str affect the skill crit rate and if so, are there any other ways of getting more str points besides the ones you get from dyes and sets bonuses?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Duelist in Hellbound
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 pm 
Vassal

I don't know much about Gladis, but as far as I know, on HB they are not so imba, but still they should do some mess in certain situations.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:32 am 
Viscount

They kinda sucks...in both early and late game, here's why:

- compared to archers, mages in early game in pve, they are significantly slower and less effcient (no damage at all)
- in late game you cannot enchant skills to attribute route - that means the only damage that is affected by your element is your auto-attack which sucks in pvp. Compared to dagger who can enchant to attribute, or archer/mages who can use the potential of the element bonus gladi just sucks again

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:07 pm 
Viscount

glads dont suck in any chronicle, they are probably most balanced class in l2 history ( at least pre god). In all chronicles they are pvp gods. They absolutely shine in oly, 1 on 1 pvp, farming pvp in end game vs few guys ( cause of thier insane pdef and skill power). Also they are very decent pve farmers after 55lvl+, have those additional power skills against various mob types, have geat aoe skill later.
Yeah if u talking about most popular party/cp builds glad is not very welcome in most, but u easy find pt with dd melee pp. And imo ull find clan later with glad, maybe not top, but are u playing to nolife? or play fun? u can get few friends wc and bd, or even box them in higher rates, and own many mob spots and dominate in pvp.
IF there would be classic server ( not like that fag in korea and russia) i mean real classic server from c0 and upgraded from time to time, the class that would be good in all chronicles pvp/pve would be gladiator.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:33 pm 
Viscount

GraciaFinal wrote:
In all chronicles they are pvp gods. They absolutely shine in oly, 1 on 1 pvp, farming pvp in end game vs few guys ( cause of thier insane pdef and skill power). Also they are very decent pve farmers after 55lvl+, have those additional power skills against various mob types, have geat aoe skill later.

I do not know if you have tried it, but that aoe has no power unless it has atrribute enchant and seriously deals nothing. My friend tried playing it on citadel I know what I am talking about...But I agree it is the most stable character on every chronicle, but excluding hellbound and kamael.
GraciaFinal wrote:
IF there would be classic server ( not like that fag in korea and russia) i mean real classic server from c0 and upgraded from time to time, the class that would be good in all chronicles pvp/pve would be gladiator.

I am sorry, but you have perfectly desribed that russian and korean classic now ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:45 pm 
Marquis

GraciaFinal wrote:
glads dont suck in any chronicle, they are probably most balanced class in l2 history ( at least pre god). In all chronicles they are pvp gods. They absolutely shine in oly, 1 on 1 pvp, farming pvp in end game vs few guys ( cause of thier insane pdef and skill power). Also they are very decent pve farmers after 55lvl+, have those additional power skills against various mob types, have geat aoe skill later.
Yeah if u talking about most popular party/cp builds glad is not very welcome in most, but u easy find pt with dd melee pp. And imo ull find clan later with glad, maybe not top, but are u playing to nolife? or play fun? u can get few friends wc and bd, or even box them in higher rates, and own many mob spots and dominate in pvp.

devent pve farmer? gladi is the worst PVE dd early and mid levels tho. any other DD will do better . he is good after u make Dynasty or highter +4 duals AND enchant ur Eye of slayer/hunter and hunt mobs that are weak to. before that u are the worst melee dps from all DDs. also ru/korean classic is a mix from C1/C2 atm with GOD interface and IT WILL be upgraded. korean is full C2 already and its up to B grade. russians will upgrade their l2 soon enough too. or u talk about interface? nobody will play C1 like interface. we are not 2001 . sry .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:32 pm 
Viscount

adames wrote:
GraciaFinal wrote:
In all chronicles they are pvp gods. They absolutely shine in oly, 1 on 1 pvp, farming pvp in end game vs few guys ( cause of thier insane pdef and skill power). Also they are very decent pve farmers after 55lvl+, have those additional power skills against various mob types, have geat aoe skill later.

I do not know if you have tried it, but that aoe has no power unless it has atrribute enchant and seriously deals nothing. My friend tried playing it on citadel I know what I am talking about...But I agree it is the most stable character on every chronicle, but excluding hellbound and kamael.
GraciaFinal wrote:

I am sorry, but you have perfectly desribed that russian and korean classic now ;)

about aoe farm, dude its hellbound, all chronicles before common items were very hard to play in low rates. cause with low d c items u cant aoe liek u aoe in high rates. now i understand why ppl cry in forums about classic serverers :D i doubt your friend had glaf 70+ in citadel, cause only after that lvl he is decent in aoe. maybe 65+ not not 40 50 :D 1 2 groups are ok for that lvl, and in older chronicles even less, unless u have suport and heal. i myself had glad in probably all chronicles ive played since c3. in all he was amazing.
now about korea and ru classic. i know it, ive seen a lot of streams and videos. its nothing even close to real c0 c1 c2 etc. not to mention stupid reward and quests who wasnt in old chronicles (look at some streams on twitch guys get karmian and other items instantly...) no to add that fag goddess interface and many lame things who just destroyed nostalgie. i was talking about real classic server, who atm do not exist.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:40 pm 
Viscount

bemyfrag wrote:
GraciaFinal wrote:

devent pve farmer? gladi is the worst PVE dd early and mid levels tho. any other DD will do better . he is good after u make Dynasty or highter +4 duals AND enchant ur Eye of slayer/hunter and hunt mobs that are weak to. before that u are the worst melee dps from all DDs. also ru/korean classic is a mix from C1/C2 atm with GOD interface and IT WILL be upgraded. korean is full C2 already and its up to B grade. russians will upgrade their l2 soon enough too. or u talk about interface? nobody will play C1 like interface. we are not 2001 . sry .

read my post again, i said he is decent pve farmer after 55 lvl. And forget gracia ... im talking about even pre kamaels. forget those imba atributes etc. in c3-c6 he was very decent comparing to other classes after mid 50. yeah low lvl he sucks. but still duals are amazing weapon, it give decent dps. and in older chronicles in low rates, most classes sucks at low lvl, no items, no buffs, just pain to play. but wait till it get party some items, in mid lvl or mid rates with c b items and some buffs he can farm cata, some dungeons, aoe spots. like i said ive played it from c3, in all possible chronicles up to god. for me it is the class for classic server. and im not taling about fag korea/ru so called "classic server".

and trust me, ppl would play like it was in late 2002 and early 2003. look want happened when korea annouced classcis server, ppl went crazy, but after they seen what they did to old chronicle with thier stupid interface and easy gameplay many ppl didnt wanted to play. even some russian oldscholl clans left.
ppl would play in oldschool, but ncsoft forgot what was unique and original back then.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:59 pm 
Marquis

from ur posts i understand u are solo player. in c2-c5 9v9 pvp gladi is useless sh1t unless fed as fck. c2-interlude archers win all mass pvps. in 1v1 maybe it is the best class in almost every chronicle but in 9v9 (wich is normal pvp considered as) gladi is fcking joke. on c3-c5 DW and dance fire was adding 50% critical dmg each and archers were godlike. no wonders why all OFF servers died after interlude. 60% of the -playerbase were archers. gladi is good only for 1v1 in older chronicles. and for pve is outskilled by any other DD.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:00 am 
Viscount

bemyfrag wrote:
from ur posts i understand u are solo player. in c2-c5 9v9 pvp gladi is useless sh1t unless fed as fck. c2-interlude archers win all mass pvps. in 1v1 maybe it is the best class in almost every chronicle but in 9v9 (wich is normal pvp considered as) gladi is fcking joke. on c3-c5 DW and dance fire was adding 50% critical dmg each and archers were godlike. no wonders why all OFF servers died after interlude. 60% of the -playerbase were archers. gladi is good only for 1v1 in older chronicles. and for pve is outskilled by any other DD.

most of players are random aka solo players. i myself half career spent in clans and half random. not many think about endgame 9 vs 9 top eq fights... they want fun in low mid maybe high lvl pvp an farm vs few guys. and actually i remember few decent glads who were in c4 c5 c6 times in my servers and they were very decent in those pvp. i agree that he is best 1 on 1 or 1 vs 2 3 maybe. But considering that skill power and aoe possibilities he was very complete package in most chronicles. i know many ppl always want to play most op classes in particular chronicles like in c6 destros, in c4 necro/sps, later kamaels and etc. But glad was always class for guys who are very stready in gameplay, like i said fun class to play, can farm decent after 50 55+lvl, can stand againt few enemies in zones pvp, in oly absolute god. has dash, h armor, range skill attacks and so on.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 am 
Vagabond

i know many ppl always want to play most op classes in particular chronicles like in c6 destros.

OfflineProfile